Where do I emotions come from/

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Where do I emotions come from our heart or mind? Does the mind understand emotions? an the heart and mind work together? If the mind is the seat of understanding can it have emotions? Does the heart have a mind/understanding of it's own? pl

SWM

May 2008
what you experince as emotion (via your brain, central nervous system) is the release of chemicals in your body (Peripheral Nervous System [PNS], Autonomic Nervous System [ANS] and Central Nervous [CNS])

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
So emotions are chemically made from the brain? When did chemicals understand emotions and vice versa? There are those who say,"I am brain" there is nothing else some say I am mind theres nothing else". Is it possible Brain mind and body all work together when necessary,otherwise they work independent of each other when no working together? pl

Mar 2010
PA, USA
[quote author=pljames link=topic=2755.msg20029#msg20029 date=1335725557]
Is it possible Brain mind and body all work together when necessary,otherwise they work independent of each other when no working together? pl[/quote]
My take on this is that when the brain is no longer able to sustain its function then the phenomenon known as consciousness ends.

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Goals ?
There are questions and there are answers. I see the relationship between philosophy and psychology. I lean toward language because the knowledge of language is a catalyst toward understanding, be it philosophy or psychology. Psychology is the study of the brain mind and the discipline itself. Even the philosophers thought by observation study history and innate thinking. I look out my bedroom window and see nature at peace I automatically draw that within my mind and body and feel at peace.

That to me is a instant goal without thinking almost innate thinking. I am now just getting into (goals) for me. Again the law of attraction comes into mind. I will it and it happens instantly. Thoughts please. pljames

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
voodoo,
Where do the arms ()ome from? What does that mean? pljames

[quote author=voodoo scientist link=topic=2755.msg21527#msg21527 date=1347038908]
Where does one's arms come from?
[/quote]

Jun 2009
It's nonsense. Arms cannot be said to come from anywhere: the origin of arms are nondecomposable (impossible to explain, but not necessarily describe independently) from that of the rest of the organism, in principle. Emotion is the same way. One can describe anger independently of the angry organism, but one cannot explain the organism's anger independently of the full agent-environment system. Descriptions of emotion may therefore transcend time and place, but explanations of emotion are necessarily tightly coupled to an organism's time and place.

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Voodoo Scientist,
I will give you that. I wonder if anger in it's original form has intelligence? Well said. pl

[quote author=voodoo scientist link=topic=2755.msg21541#msg21541 date=1347138319]
It's nonsense. Arms cannot be said to come from anywhere: the origin of arms are nondecomposable (impossible to explain, but not necessarily describe independently) from that of the rest of the organism, in principle. Emotion is the same way. One can describe anger independently of the angry organism, but one cannot explain the organism's anger independently of the full agent-environment system. Descriptions of emotion may therefore transcend time and place, but explanations of emotion are necessarily tightly coupled to an organism's time and place.
[/quote]

Jun 2009
Intelligence is implicit in all psychological phenomena, under all modern conceptualizations of the mind. Not all intelligent systems are psychological, but all systems of the mind are intelligent.

[quote author=pljames link=topic=2755.msg21545#msg21545 date=1347144758]
Voodoo Scientist,
I will give you that. I wonder if anger in it's original form has intelligence? Well said. pl

[quote author=voodoo scientist link=topic=2755.msg21541#msg21541 date=1347138319]
[/quote]
[/quote]