When believe won't believe.

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
It would seem when anyone reaches the point of believing or not believing, a thought something in the (mind) will not accept it as truth. The saying "I don't believe it" come to mind. What constitutes "I don't believe it in the mind"? I am of the thought the mind seems to know better than (I) do and acts accordingly in my best interest. pl

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Brain+language+mind.

Earl,
PL here.

How does the brain understand what each object in the picture is? Is there a transfer from memory to the brain relating to what each object in the picture is? The brain and memory must work together and then sends the whole understanding of the picture to the mind? Thoughts please? pljames .

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Wake up call.

:) I've had a wake up call, I can be my own best friend or my
own worst enemy by my thoughts and beliefs, be they positive or negative. My beliefs be they good or bad plus my memories plus subliminal thoughts all are the culprits. I chose to be one or the other by my own choice. I now see and understand like it or not I am responsible for my actions be they good or bad, except for unseen circumstances. Thoughts please. PL

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Is love just a word and does emotiona give it valued meaning?

The word love can be just a word but when we add emotion, it gives valued meaning to that word. Words like God Jesus Budda Allah bring up valued response's of personal feelings. Take the word believe, people have died for what they believe in. There are material unvalued words and valued believed emotional words that enhance ones spiritual side. If you wish positive and negative. Positive brings on happiness while negative brings on depression. Both bring on emotional responses.

Understand how these responses work help us understand ourself and enhance our true personality along with psychological help. Thoughts please. pljames

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Unknown territory

My friends I am stepping out in unknown territory. The phrase's "the law of attraction" the word (positive) and the word (believe) come to mind. I will focus on the word (word) first. Words come to mind as just knowledge and definitions. But my arguments are they are just words without belief? When (believed) they take on their own meaning (as creating there own life within you).If you wish (spiritual belief).

Next the word positive. This word and the phrase "the law of attraction" seem to relate. As does the word (Karma). I have come to the conclusion by me accepting (believing) my negative thought of low self esteem I denied I had it and created my own illusion by what I believed. Therefore I am convinced and believe when we (believe) anything we create within ourselves a living action.

And until we can be convinced and persuaded that our denial (for a use of the word) is accepted as a denial we will always live our created illusion. Feedback please.pljames

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Supressed uncontrolled thoughts.

I have had a epiphany . I have been arguing about image thoughts (which I do not have) and should be arguing about word thoughts themselves. I love words but sometimes I do not take the word defined. It's just a word without definition. I now feel if one (believes) the word as they believe the words good bad or horrible, the word is a unconscious repressed thought. If that is the case then why do we have them? What caused it to happen?

Somewhere in their brain something triggered that word. The question is what? Something they saw felt thought what? Could the brain being bored out of it's skull and create a repressed unconscious thought? If the brain never stops thinking then it can entertain itself by introducing a repressed unconscious thought? If the conscious is conscious and the unconscious is unconscious why can't the brain call something up from the subconscious?

These two words mystify me. I used the word subconscious because I am having problems with the word unconscious. I will identify with sleep and the word unconscious. But the word subconscious is partially conscious as in a fog. I am (and my brain) is aware of (me) from my head to my toes and the brain should be to unless drugs or a chemical imbalance is present. If the brain can suppress a thought why can't it bring it to the conscious mind?

What is consciousness? Without it we are unconscious and dead. It would seem consciousness is some sort of spiritual life connected to the material world. Is parapsychology the study of metaphysics as well? Paul