What is stress?

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Stress is worrying over a possible problem. Be it past present or future. The question is how to understand and fix it. If we think the problem will effect us in some way then the problem creates itself as a emotional action. We think on the problem but do not want the emotional pain that goes with it. So we put it out of our mind until it comes back then our emotions control us and we do not control them. I for one now know how to understand my emotions. Emotions have a life of there own that we created. What determines our emotional outbursts?

Something innate, fear what? Our ability not to be responsible for the problem, thinking it might go away or not? Not understand how stress can effect us emotionally is my guess. Dealing with the problem is one action the other action is accepting the reason why? Do our fears go deeper than we think subliminally? The stimulus causes the fear and we allow it because we created the belief. Are we really in control of our mind or does our mind control us because of our subliminal fears? Paul

SWM

May 2008
stress is a term that was borrowed from engineering. the term is used to express when an object is being acted on by external forces. stress is experienced when the external force or pressure is too great for the object. if you can imainge a piece of wood. the longer the piece of wood the more it will bend, the thinner a the piece of wood the easier it will bend. if you take a long and thin piece of wood and hold it at both ends and then bring your hands together so that the wood is bending. you are applying pressure (external force) to the wood. the wood is being stressed. at some point the wood will snap in two. the wood could not tolerate the pressure. it could not cope.

with people stress is the result of pressure being applied which the individual is not able to cope or deal with effectively. stress is a result of too much going on in the persons life for the person to deal with. stress is not necasserily a result of fear. anxiety is the result of fears. stress could result in anxiety or depression.

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
SWM,
What you are telling me is Stress is created by anxiety? Cannot the reverse be true as well? Anxiety creates stress? if one understands stress would that bring on anxiety? Does the mind pull in the word stress/anxiety or vice versa and then acknowledges it as stress then identifies it as anxiety or vice versa?

Does the word stress/anxiety create a pictured thought of stress or vice versa? One word should describe/define the whole word or synonomic words like stress=anxiety or vice versa? They say a picture is worth a thousand words, a picture can give to a better description than the word/words.

I've given up on the brain and taken on the mind as knowledge. Thoughts please? Paul

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
SWM,
Be it stress or anxiety, some how we know we need help if we refuse to fix it ourself. Could it be where we are not in control of ourself and we allow fear or an unknown factor to envelope our emotions and control us and not vice versa?
Paul

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Stress to me?

Stress to me was I was ignorant about my emotions. They controlled me and not vice versa. I see people with the same ignorance. I still get emotional but not as much as I used to. I now control my emotions. I see where people still need help with there emotions. Anxiety brings them to the surface of ones emotions only to express an emotion. Our reaction should be to either analyze it and or change it to a Postive.

But how many of us do that. When we see something that might hurt us we immediately get out of the way, but if it's emotional we allow it to happen only because we were not taught how to control our emotions. Thoughts please? Paul