What forms a persons personality?

May 2010
How one views the topic of "personality" depends upon whether ones thoughts are generated by ones MIND, in which case ones answer will be absent any Spiritual content [because the MIND cannot perceive Spiritual Energy], or whether one has access to his/her faculty of intuition [which is an operation of ones Spirituality], and by using ones intuition, one is able to tap into the aspects of ones personality directly?

In my opinion, personality is formed by: Ones Fate Karma for this life; That portion of the MINDs of ones parents that will serve ones personality for this life; And events in ones early environment that reinforce that which ones MIND has taken on at the time of ones birth.

At the time of death, ones personality is lost along with ones brain, physical body, and that memory which was part of ones physical brain. I am, of course clearly differentiating between the physical brain, and the Esoteric [non-physical] MIND. In anticipation of the questions from those confined to the Malady of Intellectualism: None of this can be proven physically, and all of it is abundantly clear to those with access to the faculty of intuition, assuming one has reached a certain level of Spiritual Evolution.

Peace

Dec 2010
That's a really complicated question. Maybe that's why you haven't received an answer. You can receive a relatively complete answer, however, by going to my website, http://www.DrBochner.com, and looking up the article, "From Id to Family System" as well as the various articles on specific personality disorders. "From Id to Family System" decribes the process by which personality is formed and the specific articles discuss how each of the major personality disorders is formed. I hope you'll like the site.

Mar 2010
PA, USA
So doc, are these reasonable congruencies?

MIND = Ego-consciousness (as opposed to the Hindu Atman)?
Spiritual Energy = prana (not simply breath, but the underlying current or energy)?
fate karma = purpose/destiny?

Mar 2010
PA, USA
[quote author=SavCat link=topic=1790.msg13215#msg13215 date=1296525195]
pert-5,

I have to say... I have no idea. Sounds interesting though.

Dan
[/quote]
Those questions were directed toward docjp. But thanks for your honesty.

May 2010
[quote author=pert -5 link=topic=1790.msg13208#msg13208 date=1296497439]
So doc, are these reasonable congruencies?

MIND = Ego-consciousness (as opposed to the Hindu Atman)?
Spiritual Energy = prana (not simply breath, but the underlying current or energy)?
fate karma = purpose/destiny?

The field of "psychology" has, for about a century now, been controlled by those who are "confined to intellectualism" or use of the brain and thinking to try and understand Man. This has a built-in limitation in that when one is thinking, one cannot be open to ones faculty of intuition... which is the ONLY way to experience the vibrational realities of the MIND and Spiritual dimensions.

Man is composed of three entirely separate vibrational energy dimensions, and one of these, the MIND dimension is actually composed of two different energy realities: one is the Astral region of Creation, and the other is the Causal region of Creation. These are the lower [Astral] and the higher [Causal] parts of the MIND.

Both science and BS&bp [Behavioral Science and the oxymoron "behavioral psychology"] avoid the MIND and Spiritual dimensions of Man, and of Life, because these dimensions cannot be perceived by the brain. And it is unrealistic to imagine those confined to the Left-Hemipshere of the brain and thinking, would own their limitation.... it is easier for such people to dismiss, ridicule and mock anyone who doesn't share their limitation.

What one can think about regarding "personality" is mostly speculation, or assumptions based on labeling what one imagines might exist. Or might be taking place, or might be happening?

The best way to engage the MIND of another, to ascertain what is being repressed therein, is to do so from within ones own MIND realm, via DEC [Direct Esoteric Communication] which involves ones intuition, which is fixed within ones MIND realm. This can be done, but it requires substantial personal psychotherapy to remove any repressed fears or traumata from ones own MIND. In addition to "learn" to use ones intuition for this purpose, requires one to be assisted by someone familiar with the process. And there are precious few such individuals any more. And they are dying off so that the desire of BS&bp to eradicate all reference to the Esoteric dimensions of Man will soon be achieved. I speak of this in my book: Death of Psychology That Nobody Noticed, published by Publish America, 2008.
Too many people associated with the field of "psychology" are fearful of letting go of the brain and thinking long enough to "experience" intuition, that the term "intuition" is quickly becoming merely a word... rather than seen as an abstract symbol for an experiential process the Spiritual dimension of Man can use to actively interact with the Esoteric dimensions of himself.

It is the unspoken goal of those confined to intellectualism to eradicate the crucial difference between the term "intuition" and the fact that this term refers to a Spiritual experience that Man has available to him/herself, but... it cannot be accessed while ones "Attention" in in ones physical brain. It is this SEPARATION between the physical and the Esoteric dimensions of Man that BS&bp seeks to dismiss as a possibility due to fear and ignorance. http://about-psychology.com/BS-bp.html.

When we allow those unable to exercise intuition to bully those who can into submission, and to not fight against this insidious ignorance and fear of those confined to intellectualism, all Mankind dies just a bit. I am 75, so the bullies can go to hell as far as I am concerned. I'm too old to frighten by the thought police of the APA. But, I also find this denial of two-thirds of Man a sad state of affairs.

Peace
[/quote]

Apr 2011
It seems to me that experiences in one's life gives them their personality and makes them who they are. The mistakes or successes in one's life can tell them what personality is bad or good to have, and we adapt to the lifestyle we want to give ourselves.

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
What if our experiences create us? If the world we see does not go along with our personal view of what we think it is we create what we want to believe! We create what we believe is right along with our experiences. Just a thought? pljames ;D :D :)

SWM

May 2008
@pljames if your comment was true there would be many problems which we dont have now.

if we create what we believe then for example people who believed they had cancer would be dying of cancer. lots of people really believe they have cancer and they will carry this belief for a while and they while get themselves very worked up and emotionally distressed. eventually they go to the doctor and they tell the doctor they have cancer. doctor gets a blood test and all is clear, no cancer. what we believe does not create what is.

i could give lots of other examples.

what is more accurate is that we percieve what we believe. the person who believes they have cancer will notice a lot more things in their environment related to cancer. they will notice lots of physical symptoms that are consistent with a diagnosis of cancer. they might even see the doctor telling them they do not have cancer as a way of pacifying them so they die peacfully.