what do you think about thought?

May 2008
What do you think about thought?

What, exactly , is thought?

Is real thought limited to the conscious goings on in the brain, or does it extend to semi-automatic processes like driving, or walking a well known route?

When you look at a picture for example, do you actually look at it and think what you're seeing, or do you just see it?

Do real thoughts appear inside our minds in the format of words or pictures or something else?

Jun 2008
Thought is our mind. Deep in thought, this might come from things that concern us a lot playing in our mind. Sometimes it may lead someone to forget about what they have been doing.

Jul 2008
THERE IS NOTHING THAT IS NOT THOUGHT. IT IS ALL MADE OF THOUGHT. LIKE A DREAM. A DREAM IS ALL THOUGHT. INSIDE YOUR HEAD. INSIDE MY HEAD THATS WHERE EVERYTHING IS MADE. EXCEPT CHOCOLATE. THAT IS MADE BY CADBURYS.

LIKE YOUR DREAM IS MADE OF THOUGHT SO IS EVERTYHING. IT IS ALL THOUGHT.

THATS WHAT I THINK 8)

mad

May 2008
Well I can only reply in the best way I know how, to think about typing something, anyhow. I guess with the options you gave I would prefer to think *gasp* yes think, that whatever you are doing is your thinking. I believe that everything you see is your own reality created from your perspective or your consious thought. Hence everything revolving around this.

May 2008
Yeah, but if you're, say, smoking a cigarette, do you actually think about what you're doing?
Doesn't your mind just send out the orders without actually thinking about it?

Like now, I'm thinking about the words that I'm writing, but I'm not even considering what keys to hit on my keyboard.
When you sign your name on a cheque, do you think about every stroke of the pen, or do you just think 'I'm gonna sign my name'?

SWM

May 2008
[quote author=MyRadioInsane link=topic=129.msg732#msg732 date=1215468664]
THERE IS NOTHING THAT IS NOT THOUGHT. IT IS ALL MADE OF THOUGHT. LIKE A DREAM. A DREAM IS ALL THOUGHT. INSIDE YOUR HEAD. INSIDE MY HEAD THATS WHERE EVERYTHING IS MADE. EXCEPT CHOCOLATE. THAT IS MADE BY CADBURYS.

LIKE YOUR DREAM IS MADE OF THOUGHT SO IS EVERTYHING. IT IS ALL THOUGHT.

THATS WHAT I THINK 8)
[/quote]

i used to exactly this same idea, that our reality is like a dream, made of our own thoughts. i then started to think that our thought were jsut the inspiration for the manifestaion of reality and that the energy systems around us repsonded to our thouoght to construct our reality.

now, i just dont know, and it doesnt matter to me what this reality is, i am happy and that is all that matters now.

Nov 2008
U.S.A.
Show Me Where The Love Is

It seems like a dream

Or a scene from a movie

The way you look

You do something to me

Show me where the love is

Show me where the love has gone

Show me where the love is

Show me where we went wrong.

I believe that this world is a dream. That we are really asleep kinda like in the Matrix. Where Neo is in the embryonic stage and just dreaming his life. Everything is oscillating bits of energy. Everything is at its own frequency. Matter doesn't exist. It is an illusion. When the energy is packed tight enough we think something is solid. Nothing is solid. If it really was it would be indestructable. I believe our thoughts are just another kind of energy. So are dreams. Each in their own frequency. We recognise a chair as a chair because it oscillates at a chair frequency. If we could take energy and match the chair frequency? We could replicate the chair as in Star Trek.

Is everything thought? I believe on some level this is correct. I just found this thread. I can't believe I didn't find it earlier.

Feb 2011
USA
During a dream, our involuntary reacts to images. You can wake up from a nightmare experiencing heart palpitations and fear caused by reacting to images.
We carry that over into waking state and react to three source of images because our involuntary doesnot/cannot distinguish that three souces of images exit. Environment; thought; dreams.

SWM

May 2008
what do you mean by our involuntary. is a process. you dont have an involuntary. you can do something involuntary or you can have an involuntary "thing" such as an involuntary spasm, or involuntary gesture. but you dont have "an involuntary". so you must mean something else when you say involuntary, what do you mean?

when i read your posts i presume that you are referring to the autonomic nervous system when you say involuntary.

Feb 2011
USA
SWM; You 'stickler'; :) You presume correctly; I refer to autonomic nervous system when I use the word 'involuntary'. Specifically our amygdala et al.
Involuntary is a process you write; don't processes have initiating cause? Start and stop 'signal'?
Do we both need finer semantic 'mesh'?