WHAT DO YOU IMAGINE "PERSONALITY" TO BE?

May 2010
[quote author=pert -5 link=topic=1374.msg8082#msg8082 date=1277253487]
[quote author=docjp link=topic=1374.msg8081#msg8081 date=1277251500]
[/quote]
I have yet to see such an amalgamation as this on the planet... "Neutral Spiritual Energy"? Go chase that.[/quote]

The point is: The "Whole Human Being" is composed of three simultaneously existing vibrational dimensions, only one of which is physical. Using ones brain and physical senses, one can observe one of these dimensions ONLY. To experience the other two dimensions of Man, one must use ones faculty of intuition. This of course requires one to leave the comfort [and for some "safety" of the Left-Hemisphere of ones brain] and embrace the non-physical experience of ones http://about-psychology.com/intuition.html.

Mar 2010
PA, USA
[quote author=docjp link=topic=1374.msg8100#msg8100 date=1277317088]
The point is: The "Whole Human Being" is composed of three simultaneously existing vibrational dimensions, only one of which is physical. Using ones brain and physical senses, one can observe one of these dimensions ONLY. To experience the other two dimensions of Man, one must use ones faculty of intuition. This of course requires one to leave the comfort [and for some "safety" of the Left-Hemisphere of ones brain] and embrace the non-physical experience of ones http://about-psychology.com/intuition.html.[/quote]
Now we're coming more into agreement. I tend to attribute four dimensions to a person which are juxtaposed, one physical, the other three non-physical (that's the abridged version anyway, it's a tad more complex than that). Heck, the philosophers of the East named seven. I guess I just felt that your posts had a spam-esque feel to them, and in my ignorance I behaved irrationally. And as I said in another thread, regarding irrational behavior, "it is stupid." (@ Vortex: lol ;) ). For what it's worth I apologize for puerile behavior, and perhaps we can discuss these matters to a greater extent in the future.

PS
I am VERY comfortable with the non-physical aspects of existence, FYI. :)

May 2010
[quote author=pert -5 link=topic=1374.msg8115#msg8115intuition. Heck, the philosophers of the East named seven. perhaps we can discuss these matters to a greater extent in the future.
[/quote]

It is usually too difficult for people to juggle all the levels of energies which operate within the Whole human being, so I reduce these to just the three main ones: Physical; MIND [all caps to clearly differentiate it from the physical brain]; And the Spiritual dimension of Man.

It is my experience that it is rare for intellectuals to possess much awareness of the mystical dimensions of Man, or of Life. I am pleased that you possess such understanding.

Mar 2010
PA, USA
[quote author=docjp link=topic=1374.msg8126#msg8126 date=1277500482]
It is usually too difficult for people to juggle all the levels of energies which operate within the Whole human being, so I reduce these to just the three main ones: Physical; MIND [all caps to clearly differentiate it from the physical brain]; And the Spiritual dimension of Man.

It is my experience that it is rare for intellectuals to possess much awareness of the mystical dimensions of Man, or of Life. I am pleased that you possess such understanding.[/quote]
You're calling me an intellectual!? Thanks! ...I think...

May 2010
[quote author=pert -5 link=topic=1374.
You're calling me an intellectual!? Thanks! ...I think...
[/quote]

Not so much a compliment as simply indicating that many who think about things are often limited to "thinking" and are unable to grasp the concept that there are parts of Man that exist that ones brain and thinking cannot perceive. They "think" of these in the abstract, or as abstract ideas rather than actually experiencing these subtle energies themselves via their faculty of intuition [which I believe is part of what I refer to as the Apapsyche [operational Energy of the Soul] which is part of ones Spiritual dimension.

I refer to these parts [regardless how many one wants to consider] as Esoteric dimensions and these are only capable of being "experienced" via ones faculty of intuition.... whether one realizes this is what is providing one the awareness of these dimensions or not.

I speak of the MIND realm as being one such dimension [although the MIND is actually composed of a "higher level" and a "lower level" and the lower represents the "Astral" region of Creation, and the "higher level" represents the "Causal" region of Creation. The third dimension of Man I speak of as composed of the Spiritual dimension.

Mar 2010
PA, USA
[quote author=docjp link=topic=1374.msg8129#msg8129 date=1277565532]
Not so much a compliment as simply indicating that many who think about things are often limited to "thinking" and are unable to grasp the concept that there are parts of Man that exist that ones brain and thinking cannot perceive. They "think" of these in the abstract, or as abstract ideas rather than actually experiencing these subtle energies themselves via their faculty of intuition [which I believe is part of what I refer to as the Apapsyche [operational Energy of the Soul] which is part of ones Spiritual dimension.

I refer to these parts [regardless how many one wants to consider] as Esoteric dimensions and these are only capable of being "experienced" via ones faculty of intuition.... whether one realizes this is what is providing one the awareness of these dimensions or not.

I speak of the MIND realm as being one such dimension [although the MIND is actually composed of a "higher level" and a "lower level" and the lower represents the "Astral" region of Creation, and the "higher level" represents the "Causal" region of Creation. The third dimension of Man I speak of as composed of the Spiritual dimension.[/quote]
Astral? As in Astral Projection? And Etheric Projection? That's kid's stuff. I had my first willed conscious Astral projection at the age of 15. I can astrally project at will, usually in under 20 minutes. And then there is the Mental region where you can walk around your thoughts and memories as if they were tangible things. And no, these are not drug-addled fantasies. They are the results of self-induced trance and meditation; of late supplemented by Yogin practices. Are these what you refer to, or is it some other "Astral" operation?

[edit]
Oh, and on your Karma page, at the top it says "Kr from Sanskrit." It is actually "Kri," which means "work" or "to do." Karma is more akin to the Law of Inertia than the Golden Rule. As Swami Vivekananda says, "all action is Karma."

May 2010
[quote author=pert -5 link=topic=1374.msg8130#msg8130 date=1277566445]

[edit]
Oh, and on your Karma page, at the top it says "Kr from Sanskrit." It is actually "Kri," which means "work" or "to do." Karma is more akin to the Law of Inertia than the Golden Rule. As Swami Vivekananda says, "all action is Karma."
[/quote]
Thanks for noting the Sanskrit error. It has been corrected.

The only thing I know of "traveling" in realms other than the physical realm, is by awakening to higher truths inherent in higher realms of existence and available via intuition, since my "travel" is quite confined to essentially darkness, and occasionally flashes of light. My MIND and physical senses, in other words, are blocked while my intuition remains open.
I was initiated into a Spiritual path many years ago, and I have a very limited interest in the realms of Creation themselves.

Your ability to withdraw your "consciousness" and project it "within" more subtle realms of vibrational energies is unusual outside of those engaged in a prolonged study of yoga [perhaps your ability is the result of having studied in one or more previous lives?]. I would only share what I was told, and that is that exposure to the "inner" realms does make one vulnerable to assumptions which may be mistaken.

Mar 2010
PA, USA
[quote author=docjp link=topic=1374.msg8161#msg8161 date=1277842375]
Thanks for noting the Sanskrit error. It has been corrected.[/quote]
No problem.

I would only share what I was told, and that is that exposure to the "inner" realms does make one vulnerable to assumptions which may be mistaken.
That is a very important warning that anyone partaking in these endeavors should heed. For me, that's where our motto, "The method of science, the aim of religion," comes into play. I apply the scientific method to spiritual pursuits, rather than blind faith or prejudice. By keeping detailed records and sharing them with peers one can dispel the chance of error-based assumption even more. But your warning should still preface any account of method or relating experience.

May 2010
[quote author=pert -5 link=topic=1374.msg8163#msg8163 date=1277901560]
[quote author=docjp link=topic=1374.msg8161#msg8161 date=1277842375]
Thanks for noting the Sanskrit error. It has been corrected.[/quote]

No problem. I apply the scientific method to spiritual pursuits, rather than blind faith or prejudice. By keeping detailed records and sharing them with peers one can dispel the chance of error-based assumption even more.
[/quote]

I believe I would not want to limit myself by the limitations of others. Each Soul has accumulated a certain level or rung upon the Ladder of Life, and my experience is that those on the lower rungs tend to contribute little to ones growth, if what one seeks is the Truth that is only available on the higher rungs of the Ladder of Life.

Mar 2010
PA, USA
[quote author=docjp link=topic=1374.msg8246#msg8246 date=1278866798]
I believe I would not want to limit myself by the limitations of others. Each Soul has accumulated a certain level or rung upon the Ladder of Life, and my experience is that those on the lower rungs tend to contribute little to ones growth, if what one seeks is the Truth that is only available on the higher rungs of the Ladder of Life.
[/quote]
You don't want to limit yourself by the limitations of others? Are you omnipotent then? I say you are a dumb fuck who utilizes "esoteric" (read: not popular) words to make yourself seem important. You have an important message to teach? Yeah, go suck on a glue gun you chunkhead. The Law is for All.