WHAT DO YOU IMAGINE "PERSONALITY" TO BE?

May 2010
Since the early 1900's, when the Psychology of the ancient Greeks was cast aside as too difficult for intellectuals to study, and they instead bought into the delusional ideas of B.F. Skinner, and his "behaviorism", the personality of Man became more and more a series of enumerated symptoms, grouped together and then labeled as some "type" of personality.

To those limited to intellectualism [which means little or no access to the faculty of intuition] "thinking" about symptoms helps them imagine that such thinking means something. All it means is that all possible human behavior can be grouped into categories. This does not, of course, tell us the "reason" a person has the particular set of behavioral symptoms that resemble others with the same symptoms. But for those whose only access to life is via physical phenomena and intellectualism, thinking "about" things helps pass the time.

The reason a person has a particular personality is that such a personality best fulfills the needs of that person relative to the http://about-psychology.com/karma.html Karma that person designed for this life. Both the persons MIND http://about-psychology.com/MIND.html and the http://about-psychology.com/apapsyche.htmlApapsyche of the person work together to create a personality and a Psychology that will best serve the Fate Karma of that person for this life.

The majority of a persons personality "are" Esoteric, and incapable of being discovered or perceived by ones brain or physical senses. But, of course there will always be those who are unable to study the Esoteric dimensions of Man, and for them "thinking" about the behavioral of Man will remain an interesting thing to do.

Mar 2010
PA, USA
I still say it's spam... Karma (an eastern term adds mystique)? MIND (in all capital letters)? The same old web links?

May 2010
[quote author=pert -5 link=topic=1374.msg7996#msg7996 date=1276899297]
I still say it's spam... Karma (an eastern term adds mystique)? MIND (in all capital letters)? The same old web links?
[/quote]
Same "old web links"? Perhaps if you would attempt to comprehend these links rather than allow your MIND to dismiss them by causing you to "think" the thoughts you express.... you would begin to perceive intuitively that what you think is in error, and the links contain Esoteric levels of understanding you are missing. But if unable to do this, I understand.

Peace

Mar 2010
PA, USA
[quote author=docjp link=topic=1374.msg8056#msg8056 date=1277226378]
[quote author=pert -5 link=topic=1374.msg7996#msg7996 date=1276899297]
[/quote]
Same "old web links"? Perhaps if you would attempt to comprehend these links rather than allow your MIND to dismiss them by causing you to "think" the thoughts you express.... you would begin to perceive intuitively that what you think is in error, and the links contain Esoteric levels of understanding you are missing. But if unable to do this, I understand.

Peace
[/quote]
Comprehend your links? I would rather stick my face in a woodchipper. MIND? There you go again with that New Age BS. The word "esoteric" needs to be thrown about these days methinks.

May 2010
[/quote]

Fear causes many people to become anxious, distraught, and discourteous. I'm sorry if that which you are unable to comprehend is frightening to you, and it is quite OK for you to "vent" your anxiety as projected disbelief. My thirty years as a psychotherapist has armored me rather nicely for such venting.

Peace

[/quote]

May 2010
[quote author=SWM link=topic=1374.msg8074#msg8074 date=1277242832]
"NSyg" would that be the permanent atom of the spiritual monad??
[/quote]
NSgy as the permanent atom of the Spiritual monad? I must look up "monad" and see what it is, and then I will seek to answer.

Peace

May 2010
Monad as in "single unit" or logic in which there is no second logic, then Neutral Spiritual Energy, or NSgy, would be the ultimate Source of all things, and thus presumably Truth. But perhaps use of the term "monad" misrepresents its Reality in that NSgy refers to the Energy of God, and the Spiritual realm, which is permanent and Absolute, and quite beyond "logic" as that which might be held within ones brain or comprehended by thinking.

Peace

Mar 2010
PA, USA
[quote author=docjp link=topic=1374.msg8081#msg8081 date=1277251500]
Monad as in "single unit" or logic in which there is no second logic, then Neutral Spiritual Energy, or NSgy, would be the ultimate Source of all things, and thus presumably Truth. But perhaps use of the term "monad" misrepresents its Reality in that NSgy refers to the Energy of God, and the Spiritual realm, which is permanent and Absolute, and quite beyond "logic" as that which might be held within ones brain or comprehended by thinking.

Peace
[/quote]
I have yet to see such an amalgamation as this on the planet... "Neutral Spiritual Energy"? Go chase that.

SWM

May 2008
@pert-5

the closest you will see on this planet is HGA, which is an emanation of the monad.