Was reading up on Child Sexual Abuse and its effects and came across something strange. Does anyone know anything about this.

Jul 2021
Khattakontitan
I was on wikipedia on its child sexual abuse article and found that csa causes many disorders and issues which i was expecting. however i came across a line that read 'The social stigma of child sexual abuse may compound the psychological harm to children'. This means that social stigma that csa is bad may make the abuse worse. i wanna know how true this is and if it is true how much does it contribute to a persons psychological trauma? is it the main factor, is it minor? i tried finding articles on it and couldnt find anything, same thing for studies so if you kmow any studies to do with this or surveys and whatnot let me know and if you generally know anything about this let me know about that too thanks.

Jul 2021
Australia
Self-fulfilled prophecy.
If the stigma points to the idea that child sexual abuse people never get over it, and you believe that, then you won't allow yourself to get over it.

'Getting over it' has various meanings. For me, I may never forget it, for it is part of my memory system, part of my mind. But, I can come to accept that it was a part of my childhood history that has nothing to do with today. I can get involved with todays activities, thoughts and dreams without my past getting in the way.

Reactions: CuriousMind9874
Jul 2021
Khattakontitan
Self-fulfilled prophecy.
If the stigma points to the idea that child sexual abuse people never get over it, and you believe that, then you won't allow yourself to get over it.

'Getting over it' has various meanings. For me, I may never forget it, for it is part of my memory system, part of my mind. But, I can come to accept that it was a part of my childhood history that has nothing to do with today. I can get involved with todays activities, thoughts and dreams without my past getting in the way.
i thought they meant that it causes the effects of the abuse to be much worse than needed such as the actual psychological effects but what youre saying also makes sense

Nov 2021
Guyana
Self-fulfilled prophecy.

That is remarkable and it shows that you are strong minded. But for some people, childhood traumas affects their entire life because they are weak.