Time for my introduction thread...

duc

Staff member
Dec 2012
Northwest
Hello everyone, my name is John.

I'm probably one of the most laid back people you will ever meet, absolutely love learning and community.

Like most people, I was first introduced to psychology when I took some classes in college, and over the years, I've continued to enjoy learning more about psychology. The single thing that defines me is I simply love to learn about new things, and to be open to other perspectives and viewpoints, because we are all in this together.

Outside of learning, I enjoy working on websites and computers and dabble some in photography.

I look forward to contributing to the Psychology Forum community.

Mar 2010
PA, USA
Hi John, welcome to the forums. From reading your intro you seem like a really cool person. I'm very laid back too (though my online persona at times might suggest otherwise). ;) I have pretty eclectic tastes. You say that you are into websites (designing?), computers, and photography. I have a good friend who is into those three very things. Quite a coincidence. I am quite sure that SWM will answer any questions that you may have, but I just want to say that if there is anything that I could help with in regards to improving the site, my services are at your disposal.

Welcome, again.

Cheers!

PS
Hey, the emoticons are working again!

duc

Staff member
Dec 2012
Northwest
Thanks!

Yeah, I like to work on websites, it's my day job during the week. Part of that is design and making things look web beautiful and the other part is coding to make sure everything on the backend is working too. It can sometimes be grueling work and at times, I still feel like a student in college lol

Thanks for your offer of help. I am here to support and be here for the community and to join in the discussions and most importantly, I am here to continue learning.

And yeah, I noticed the emoticons were not working so fixed that already. If you see anything else broken or needs fixed, please let me know. I am here to help.

Cheers!

Dec 2008
nil
Are you planning to rename this place "pseudo-scientific-pop-psychobabble-forum" to more accurately reflect the content here?

duc

Staff member
Dec 2012
Northwest
[quote author=Enigma link=topic=3171.msg23021#msg23021 date=1358882336]
Are you planning to rename this place "pseudo-scientific-pop-psychobabble-forum" to more accurately reflect the content here?
[/quote]

lol... well, that domain name is available... see the attached screenshot lol

But I think we will continue forward with Psychology Forum.

Attachments

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Greetings John,
I love psychology, but learned about it to late in my life to apply it accept to myself. I grew up totally ignorant of my emotions and discovered them very late in my life. It grieves me terribly to find out what causes emotional problems for myself and others. Emotional factors to me are caused by an ignorance of misunderstanding believing and outside stimuli plus genetic defects.

All my life I have been in and seen emotional pain. I understand it. This forum has opened my eyes and mind to emotional mental health. I have no degrees but more experience in emotions than most folks. I believe in knowledge and sharing it. All that is left for me to do is share my experience with whoever will listen. Welcome. Paul

Nov 2008
U.S.A.
Don't sell yourself short Paul. You have a sharp mind and a willingness to learn. That puts you ahead of a lot of people.
I to have learned a lot here and find the varity of intellect very interesting. It has taught me, challenged me and entertained me. Peace!