Thick Skin

Mar 2020
US
What is the psychological and physiological determination of "thick skin."

Is it a habit? Does it have a chemical explanation?

Thin skin is a problem that I have severely and my family has it worse than me. It causes me to be thrown off focus from hours to weeks over an image that I associate as a threat to myself or suggestion that I am insufficient.

I have to admit that I have thinned my skin as a mechanism to play politics in such a way that I could destroy all possible threats to myself before they became serious. It was a preemptive overkill mechanism.

But it has consumed my life making me unable to work a normal job or even socialize pretty much at all.

I have thought that I could absorb thick skin from others but it doesn't seem to work as much as it should, and thick skinners are very difficult to find.

I imagine the military would give me thick skin after they had "killed" me, but I don't want to take down the team with that one. I want to approach it in a more understandable way.

Does "thick skin" actually have something to do with ceratine?

I believe thick skin would solve a lot of problems for me and my family.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Mar 2020
US
I realized that my thin skin comes from a damaged ego. My damaged ego comes from a lifetime of being beaten down and broken will. Everytime I tried to attempt something it crashed hard leaving me in a state that I could no longer attempt to do anything. I basically shut down except for a few hours of genealogy research a day and some methodical psychology study.

I researched my own ego and realized that it has a lot to do with my arms. My arms are very weak for lack of exercise. I used to own weapons, which I would play with to boost my ego as I enjoyed medieval fighting as an artistic pleasure. I got in trouble using a medieval weapon to defend myself from a trespasser in 2018, and my weapons were taken away. As overcompensation I deliberately never used my arms, until they became uselessly weak. I could no longer cook, clean my room, or even brush my teeth because my arms were so weak that I would never use them unless absolutely necessary.

To recover my ego I bought some cheap weighted arm bracelets. 2lbs for each arm and covered my forearms with them.

It's been 12 hours of wearing them and my emotions are very deep and coming back to me. I will continue this until I have an emotional breakthrough and then I will pursue another job as a store clerk night shift probably. I'm glad I found a cure for my broken ego.

Maybe there is a general link between thin skin and weak arms.

Thin skin> weak ego> beaten down> broken will> weak arms.

Cure = forearm brace, weights, or arm workouts.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk