The four best subfields of psychology

Jul 2020
Niceville, FL
I have been doing some Kindling on Amazon. I wonder what people may think of the 4 most important areas of psychology. 3 of the ones I have found are subforums here

1) Cognitive psychology
2) social psychology
3) personality psychology (personality tests!)
4) home development, when I look up this on Amazon, I find a book on equestrianism. Is this the right field for our relationship to pets?

Mar 2020
US
I am more of a social and cognitive type (informal) psychologist.

The idea of a pet taking the importance that would be given to humanity seems negative to me.

I dont understand personality much and am not interested in it. Personality seems to be a flag flying subdivision of humanity that can cause cleansing effects.

I have heard of behavioral health related to parts of the brain, but this seems to be the most difficult idea to grasp. I never learned how to control my behavior when I am so fascinated with exercising my problem solving techniques. Some activities overwhelm others to the point where I end up obsessing over one type of cognition. Honestly it just feels good to specialize in some sort of function.

There is also an emotional type of psychology that might be valid, though I have never heard of emotional therapy. I believe it is more closely linked to social therapy.

There may be innumerable types of therapies related to all concepts.

There may be financial therapy as well, which would be an awesome idea. I would love to learn about any sort of financial therapy. But it would undoubtedly be the most controversial and dangerous.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Jul 2020
Niceville, FL
What do you think of Maslow's hierarchy of needs? And what field of psychology does it come from?

Mar 2020
US
I just had to look it up. It makes a lot of sense. Honestly I never put them in any order before. Maybe it's time for me to follow suit. I often sacrifice psysiological and belonging needs. My safety needs and esteem and self actualization I've been clustering together as one thing.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Jul 2020
Niceville, FL
The 4 best subfields are actually mentioned right here on these forums, biological, behavioral, cognitive, and social.

Jul 2020
Niceville, FL
There are 5 dummies books, psychology for dummies, cognitive psychology for dummies, child and developmental psychology for dummies, forensic psychology for dummies, and social psychology for dummies.