Subconscious and Unconscious Thoughts

Jun 2021
UK
I have selfses.
And no. I am just full of questions.
You said that the SELF "has access to" the brain.
Not for this self. There are barriers. There is also amnesia.
Oops.
I can only examine THIS "self". The others are equally valid. They are parts of my brain.

So my question from a multiple personality standpoint is:

If you are controlling your thoughts
Then are they your thoughts
...or are they being controlled?
That’s a good question.My personal opinion is that it is very difficult to control intrusive thoughts or inward thoughts initially…and these thoughts can become extremely toxicThey are difficult to control if you accept SELF so I would say impossible to control you are non accepting of your only SELF.As there isn’t definitive proof that SELF doesn’t exist and there isn’t then the way out surely for your own sanity is to assume the possibility that your only SELF does exist as well.Why not…what have you got to lose?

As thoughts (inward/outward) are a complicated issue I found that it is best to start with tuning into the sound of my own internal voice…i.e. talk to myself internally.At least you can be sure of that…you talk inwardly…you listen inwardly.Sometimes you can’t trust the source of thoughts …..you are right.

Aug 2021
California
That’s a good question.My personal opinion is that it is very difficult to control intrusive thoughts or inward thoughts initially…and these thoughts can become extremely toxicThey are difficult to control if you accept SELF so I would say impossible to control you are non accepting of your only SELF.As there isn’t definitive proof that SELF doesn’t exist and there isn’t then the way out surely for your own sanity is to assume the possibility that your only SELF does exist as well.Why not…what have you got to lose?

As thoughts (inward/outward) are a complicated issue I found that it is best to start with tuning into the sound of my own internal voice…i.e. talk to myself internally.At least you can be sure of that…you talk inwardly…you listen inwardly.Sometimes you can’t trust the source of thoughts …..you are right.

Yes, it is actually important for me to listen to my voices. They are never self-harmful, only self-critical sometimes. If I was crazy it would be different. The voices would say silly things. But they don't. They tell me how "I" feel.
I originally was convinced of exactly what you are saying. Convinced that "I" can see through it. And I can... as an alter.
I have found that I cannot see the world that way. When I do develop a sense of "self", it ends up being a new alter, which is exactly what I am. ...umm.. that part of me.

There are conflicting views. One of my alters is an atheist, for example. I know how that sounds.

I want to have faith in what you say, but I can't go back in time and form the part of my brain that is "self", because it's already formed, as "selfs" and who would be the "real one"? Well, I would of course. No, I would. No i would. lol you see? The closest thing I have is the shell alter, "lastname" (Mev renamed him.) and this shell alter is like a ... well, like a shell. There isn't much to him. He's a classic OSDD shell alter. He is default "me", but has no thoughts of his own, or at least they are based on my thoughts (and the thoughts of other alters) he's just bits and pieces of all of us, personified, and we take turns controlling him like a string puppet (different muscle access = different muscle control - "laterality" - the body literally feels like a marionette.)

What I found was that when I was declaring "I am me." I was always saying that as an alter. The shell has almost no, if any, opinion of his own.

Jun 2021
UK
Yes, it is actually important for me to listen to my voices. They are never self-harmful, only self-critical sometimes. If I was crazy it would be different. The voices would say silly things. But they don't. They tell me how "I" feel.
I originally was convinced of exactly what you are saying. Convinced that "I" can see through it. And I can... as an alter.
I have found that I cannot see the world that way. When I do develop a sense of "self", it ends up being a new alter, which is exactly what I am. ...umm.. that part of me.

There are conflicting views. One of my alters is an atheist, for example. I know how that sounds.

I want to have faith in what you say, but I can't go back in time and form the part of my brain that is "self", because it's already formed, as "selfs" and who would be the "real one"? Well, I would of course. No, I would. No i would. lol you see? The closest thing I have is the shell alter, "lastname" (Mev renamed him.) and this shell alter is like a ... well, like a shell. There isn't much to him. He's a classic OSDD shell alter. He is default "me", but has no thoughts of his own, or at least they are based on my thoughts (and the thoughts of other alters) he's just bits and pieces of all of us, personified, and we take turns controlling him like a string puppet (different muscle access = different muscle control - "laterality" - the body literally feels like a marionette.)

What I found was that when I was declaring "I am me." I was always saying that as an alter. The shell has almost no, if any, opinion of his own.
What you write is interesting reading...from my experience I have come to the conclusion that I am definitely NOT a thought. Definitely not and neither are you. You and I create outward conscious thoughts and we experience inward thoughts? but we are NOT those thoughts.

Let me challenge you with something which is a bit in depth but I will ask you anyway.....what is a thought? and if you were to never experience thought types again, ever , would you still exist?...of course you would.....so this begs the question what part of you and I exists when not creating/experiencing the 2 off thought types?

As I say, there are 2 off thought types, inward AND outward. There is also a GAP between mine and your "i am" PRESENCE (WHICH IS NOT A THOUGHT TYPE) and inward/outward thought types.....this GAP is full of silence/stillness and PRESENCE resides there

Last edited:
Jun 2021
UK
You “toggle” between 2 off consciousness types either in awareness or unawareness and are either in contol of this “toggling“ process to some degree or not in control at all.

This is a fact and can be proved by experience.

Bring yourself into the moment and stay there.It’s a fact that you will be able to bring yourself into the moment and it is also a fact that you won’t be able to stay there.You will “toggle” back into the not in the moment consciousness state and remain there until either you make a conscious decision to bring yourself back into the moment or if the automatic system that you have defaulted to brings you back into the moment for you….but you will be unaware of this.

So you see you “toggle” all the time between consciousness states either in awareness or not in awareness.