Strategy war games

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Concerning addictive games. I got addicted to Frogger. Now one can kill the bad guy. I understand war, but for a fourth grader and up is it logical to teach him how to kill at that age? Kill a bug snake or a dog and Mr conscience goes berserk. Where is the entertainment in hate and killing except for the game industry? Is the game industry interested in entertain for money or what, I suspect money.

Most of the kids who killed the children in the schools and other places were all playing some strategy game (kill or be killed). Where is the mentality for the game companies and the families that encourage these games? Is there a line for an addiction especially with war strategy games of any sort? Could it be mother dad or family that killed those children and passed that mentality to there addicted child? Thoughts? pljames

Mar 2010
PA, USA
It's more than just the gaming industry. Pretty much every entertainment medium has a hand in profiting from violent images and simulated killing.

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Pert-5,
Then should the gaming industry be charged as adding this addiction to our kids and the parents allowing it? Could there be mental health issues with the industry and the parents as well? Paul

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Then what can be done to curb this violence from the gaming industry and the media? Paul