social psychology

sah

Mar 2015
dc
1.Why do we tend to hold others accountable for their misbehavior and excuse ourselves for the same behavior?

Reactions: 1 person
Mar 2015
Lake Worth, FL
Fundamental Attribution Error

This is a classic example of human psychology at work. In the literature what you are describing is very similar to what psychologist call the Fundamental Attribution Error. It is our way of describing the behavior of our selves and others. We tend to blame external factors on our decisions so we relegate blame to something out of our control. Where as we tend to blame internal factors on others behavior as something in their control.

I believe the reason we do this is because our mistakes have a direct impact on our self-worth or self-esteem. Whereas other people's mistakes don't impact how we view ourselves. Its is definitely an ego thing. To admit a mistake one has done, hurts the self and our view of who we are, and as with every other animal we tend to avoid pain. The psychological pain of admitting a mistake is too great for us so we avoid that pain by blaming external factors. Studies show depressed individuals see "reality" more clear, they are more honest in explaining their past mistakes. Evolutionarily, depressed individuals are less productive and helpful so these defense mechanism evolved to prevent that state of mind I believe. The problem is that we are so convincing in our rationalization it is hard for us to see how we created the problem in the first place and that is where psychology comes in, the biggest question in the field, how do we get people to understand themselves and change for the better?

Mar 2015
Europe
In this paper I use.

Social networking people choose images that ... some images and pictures to show its state, interior ... all we associate ourselves with the emotions that transmits the hero. I also use the services on the image to find rare and unusual photo. On my desktop installed http://lafozi.com/us-en/category/nature/#
Many are 11 interesting and broad thematic categories of wallpaper.
In this paper I use.

Last edited:
Mar 2015
Australia
Mental Stress does strange things to children. Children being mentally stressed gradually create tactics to medicate they're mental stress. One self-learnt tactic is to instantly ignore anything that increases mental stress. Learning to deny any blame after blaming others for similar behaviours to child like emotional reactions feels better than to stop and think comparing the self with others. In a fast moving learning system, time to consider if that example and similar behaviours are incorrect are prevented by continued hurrying on to something else. Child care givers aren't versed and or don't care in noticing that example and similar behaviours when attending to 30 school children at a time. The system doesn't care. if mental stress were to be considered as a negative bias influence. Children are attempting to pull back the negative bias influence to natural no mental stress trauma manipulation to feel better using distracting fast moving somewhat dysfunctional behaviours. Self-esteem needs are used to medicate mental stress. If children didn't suffer from mental stress, children wouldn't need to think of self-esteem issues. Even though mental stress gradually disappears in adults, childhood behaviours can persist. Stressful work practices may maintain childhood mental stress for longer periods. How people behave is all very "natural selection" when you Think about it.

Mar 2015
Australia
An education teachers tactic to get increased grades from students as to promote competition between students, allows a degree of narcissism behaviours to be self-programmed into long term adult behaviours. Because school learning behaviours consume much of childhood life, a need for better social behaviours are ignored, hence the angry teenager. Mentally stressed children confronted with undesired increasing schooling tasks, develop reactions and judgements that allow self-conditioned programming to "not care about what other people think about them". There may even be a degree of revenge felt while allowing other people to feel bad about being bullied, someone else is being bullied by a teacher example. A student's feeling of not being bullied, that someone else is being bullied feels better. A perception of other people feeling bad allows a less than rational belief that as they can enjoy someone else's suffering.