So what are your views on "victims" of childhood abuse that speak up about their pain becoming victims again and accused of the same

Jul 2021
London
I mean on an anonymous forum it's safe to talk about it, aside that "childhood abuse" which was "corporal punishment" was completely normal at the time I was born as everyone would practise it, and in fact you see those who never discipline their kids as psychopaths, that don't even discipline them at all. It is true that beating people up doesn't help, but I would say if a child was a psychopath and did beat up others and hurt animals, being beaten at least once would be effective as you are teaching them how their behaviour is painful on others as it is on them, but that not without being accompanied with an explanation on what empathising is. Nevertheless, you see some people who openly talked about these childhood abuse issues and they were attacked as a result instead of being protected, such as R Kelly and Michael Jackson. And they sometimes spoke with psychologists, however there are the real perpetrators that are out there harming this or that person and nothing is done to them since childhood, so yes I don't really feel safe around some antisocials, with that I mean narcissists only, because they really would destroy you at a whim whereas you could still reason with a histrionic, but in fact the psychopath harms the narcissist only after using them, first they use them to commit their crimes turning them into secondary psychopaths. I find that narcissism is easier as a trait to use against others. But I don't trust the prosecutor that says because you were abused in your childhood you are going to become abusive too. Even just thinking that is wrong, on so many levels. It is just criminalising the victims and that I disagree with, really they should learn a bit more about psychology, before saying they are psychologists, but this particular psychologist is kind of histrionic so yes, but still a histrionic psychologist is a bit weird, but I do love most psychologists, I just don't agree with people who don't look at things objectively. So you can't even talk about it nowadays as otherwise it would make you an easy target, so yes, society is kind of raising narcissists, as narcissists never talk about their traumas. Even if your parent didn't mean to discipline you that harshly, it is still a trauma and you must talk about it, and you must feel safe when you do. You can't be safe with someone like that around though. I think it's not right, but then again I'd be scared to report the psychologist, I'd just avoid the psychologist and not trust them, and only reveal the minimum, unless they were really good and incredible then yes, I'd trust them fully, but I think victims unfortunately sometimes don't know whom to trust too.

Last edited:
Aug 2021
Austin, TX
Once your trust has been violated it becomes incredibly difficult to learn to trust again. Yet at some point we must learn to trust again, because we must trust our medical doctors, teachers, yes, psychologists, religious leaders, police, judicial systems, and many other aspects of our society. There may be people in every line of work who are not trustworthy, but by and large most (90% or better?) are trustworthy...
Keep on keeping on,
Ivery

Reactions: Usedandabused
Jul 2021
London
Once your trust has been violated it becomes incredibly difficult to learn to trust again. Yet at some point we must learn to trust again, because we must trust our medical doctors, teachers, yes, psychologists, religious leaders, police, judicial systems, and many other aspects of our society. There may be people in every line of work who are not trustworthy, but by and large most (90% or better?) are trustworthy...
Keep on keeping on,
Ivery
Thank you. Yes, it's nice what you say. Still it is sad sometimes to remain quiet about societal injustice. I.e. today I witnessed elder abuse, and I didn't know what to do, other than agree with the elder being abused, but again I was the only one... and so it is sad. So yes, 1% are still psychopaths that abuse others, but they are hard to recognise unless they do act out of character in front of you, even if I don't have any interest in psychopaths, it won't mean the psychopath is not interested in you and others. But I think society has always been silent about psychopaths too. I guess it is because if you say something you add fuel to the fire.