Psychology, Why people think what they think?

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
I am beginning to regret getting into understanding psychology or why people think what they think? The mind can be simple and complex. It seems to me that complexity seems to be the answer when there is more people than less people. It also seems outside circumstances move us to question why, more? I wonder if curiousity can be a emotional problem more than a analytical one?

Can care be put in the backgound before emotions are after? Do psychologist get caught up in there never ending analysis of their clients? What is the limit of overcare? pljames

Feb 2011
USA
Your beginning to regret getting into understanding psychology? Is it possible your understanding is 'peripheral' to deeper understanding?
Some therapists do experience 'burn-out', and leave the field. Maybe they don't 'practice what they preach.'
Remember when you wrote that your mind was 'reeling' from the experience of transcending 'ego'? Would you write what you wrote above if you were still in that frame or level of mind?

"Do psycholgists get caught up in their never ending analysis of their clients?"
Do laymen get caught up in their never ending analysis of their experiences? That,makes for 'awkward' self-consciousness, etc. That makes analysis 'much' different from spontaneity.
Therapists who 'operate' from a methodology, they learned, using techniques are not spontaneous as those who operate from there innate, natural intelligence. When you function from innate intelligence, your still 'in tune with evolution/life force', etc.

Test this for yourself: Can you experience emotions without perceptions or without believing some thought-images are real. There has to be a cause for the effect called emotion.

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Excellent post. I am sure there or many ways to understand/perceive psychology. How many authors spoil the discipline. Are the practitioners really interested in helping the client or themselves? In the beginning maybe most practitioners do want to help others but with experience and office politics they change their beliefs. pljames

Aug 2009
Australia
Sometimes i think people are not good at problem solving because they reason poorly, background details get in the way of understanding the mechanics of reasoning, much like mathematical calculations.

Clarity is always desirable .

Sometimes it is as simple as , you are at point A and need to get to point B.
In order to do this you must do this.

At least i give good instructions and don't confuse people?

Horton.

Aug 2009
Australia
"So you feel stuck over analyzing everything?"

Not at all.
The main thing is to think.
"Shit happens because people don't think."

Horton