Point at your head with your pointer finger

Sep 2012
Rochester, New York
What are you pointing at?
With the adage the world on a string on that finger it would appear that you are pointing at the moon. If you look over your shoulder when you see the moon or at the finger you point at your head you see the moons position.
My friend told me to turn around and see my the person behind me.
I see my friends father there.

Sep 2012
I read at some website that the pointing at the lobe/eye like that is a mason signal that this person is rising in the industry. It could mean rising in ranks pilitocally, in the entertainment industry or any other public area covered by media. I don't know about that but it sure is stimulating for the mind to think about.

Sep 2012
Rochester, New York
Thanks. For industry though I usually think of Hollywood.
I think you solved my primary dilemia in life for me here so thanks for your help.
Now I can talk to Jesus.
Turns out the answer is what movie role you all wanted to be when you were growing up as young adults in your 20's.
Hope that helps.

Mar 2010
PA, USA
SWM, I am wondering if you can use your admin powers to tell whether or not these two jokers are the same person or not. If they are or if they are not doesn't really figure too much into the story as they are both pandering to the downfall of the image of this site. I don't know if you've noticed or not, SWM, but you don't have any regular posters anymore. It's idiots like these two which are contributing to that.

Dec 2008
nil
Funny how a psychology forum seems to attract the crazies.

Pert is pretty spot on. I can't stand this place anymore, mainly because of the wild eyed mouth breathing nutjobs shitting all over the forum with their inane delusions.

SWM

May 2008
I cant see any connection between these two members from a technical view. but from behaviour, attitude and certain other idoisyncracies there a lot of similarities and i have questioned this before your raised it pert.

I dont really know what to do about crazies. one of the driving forces behind the creation of this forum is it is not censored by any authority. people can say whatever they want so long as there is no direct aggression or offense to any group or individual.

any suggestion for improving the quality of discussions without censoring other peoples communication?

Mar 2010
PA, USA
SWM, let me start out by saying that I love this forum. I wouldn't be here if I didn't, that's not my style. In this instance, the words of Dion Fortune ring true: "The excess of any virtue, by necessity, creates the vice of that virtue." By allowing every single person to post each and everything they wish, you are allowing them to potentially hamper other peoples' will to communicate. There are some quite bright individuals who post here, like Enigma, Voodoo Scientist, yourself, etc., but the onus of providing a suitable place to post resides solely upon the backs of the moderation. I can tell you that I will gladly "weed out" any posts which I think add nothing to the conversation, so to speak. However, I would need you permission to do so. I think that this forum can very well be an extremely good-natured place to share and discuss ideas, but there needs be, at the very least, some modicum of moderation as to the nature of the posts that can be allowed.

SWM

May 2008
Ok but maybe at least have a location were posts /opinions of others can be moved to