pljames' quandaries regarding neuroscience

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
How and why does the mind/brain create a illusion? I now have been told there is now is a body/mind relationship. How does that work? There is reality and there is illusion. I feel the mind is the only thing that can cause a illusion (other than drugs (I've been there). pljames ??? ??? ???

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Why and how do I hear my thoughts in my mind?

???
Since when did my brain/mind get ears? Why do I hear words/thoughts in my mind and not see them. I can picture (pictures) in my mind but not words. I sometimes wonder about my mind. It is said "you are what you think". Are the thoughts past present or future? Are the thoughts emotional? I have mind chatter. Thought please. pl

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Re: Why and how do I hear my thoughts in my mind?

???
The one question I have not thought of yet is, is the brain/mind orderly? There has to be a (law/order) to the brain and mind because they work together. I see the word language as a catalyst to understanding of the brain/mind. I lean toward the mind over brain because I do not understand the biological workings of the brain. But do associate the mind with language plus memory. Thoughts please. pl

May 2011
Marble, N.C.

Is therer a order to the mind even if the person is delusional? They accept whats going on in there mind be it good or bad. pl

May 2011
Marble, N.C.

Instead of mind/body why can't we associate brain/mind instead? the brain is visible yet we still has questions. The mind is invisible but there is conciousness concious and sub concious. It would seem the mind is the conciousness of the brain which the brain interpretsand gives to the mind. Thoughts please. pl

May 2011
Marble, N.C.

It would seem my brain or mind sees and knows what I am looking at, would disturb my belief in seeing unformed matter instead of formed matter called reality. It therefore makes a decision for me to see reality (tree sky light) instead of unformed matter. Morphing is changing one form to another. I do not want to see unformed matter but formed matter called reality. I am what I believe! My brain/mind creates what it knows I want. Thoughts? pl

May 2011
Marble, N.C.

What if the brain is wired electrically and biochemically, to interpret what it sees, hears,f feels and tastes and transfers that electrical and biochemical into english into our mind? As if the brain is a brain interpreter for the mind? Are not words sounds pictures and the like interpreted from one language to another? Could these electrical and biochemicals be another way of interpreting words pictures and such and be a brain language to the mind, then translating these inputs into our language for the mind to understand?

Another theory. What if thoughts as words have the ability to morphe out of the original word
a thought that (relates) the thought to another thought which adds knowledge/wisdom to the thought? pljames

May 2011
Marble, N.C.

How does the brain see reality, understand reality and interpret it? If the person refuses to (see) reality why does the mind of the person ()reate a illusion they refuse to see? Reality is reality is reality reguardless of anything seen. I daydream be()ause it makes me happy. I have been deluded by drugs. I have heard if people go overboard with their fantasy they lose (there mind), how ()an the mind be overloaded? Thoughts please. pljames

May 2011
Marble, N.C.

I have found new feelings that I din't know I had. I understand when studying someones facial expressions and the tone of there words, I know they are angry. To me this is by observation. Then when I get a "feeling from my body" I do not understand it. Feelings are by observation and the nervous system? So one can enhance there feelings by observation and the nervous system?

One sees one reacts one feels one reacts? Feelings are observed felt and learned by ones actions? Thoughts please. pljames