Phobia of birds

Aug 2020
Spain
Hi, I am phobic when it comes to birds, in particular pingeons. I really dislike them. When I am walking down the street and I see one it makes me feel disgust but I just keep going and there is no problem. There is a problem when I sit on a terrace of a bar and there are some in the area, that makes me freak out. I can´´t stand it so I avoid sitting in terraces.

Can it be overcome? Can I end up going to bars and not feeling bad AT ALL while sitting there? Can I overcome it to the point of not caring about them AT ALL? Not disliking the at all?

How can I overcome it?

Dec 2020
Vienna
Yes you can overcome it. There are therapists that specialize on such things. Try to find a Cognitive Behaviorial Therapist. He/She can help you get rid of your problem and live your life a little happier and with less worries :)

Aug 2020
Spain
Yes you can overcome it. There are therapists that specialize on such things. Try to find a Cognitive Behaviorial Therapist. He/She can help you get rid of your problem and live your life a little happier and with less worries :)
I dont have the money to pay a psychologist. How can I do it alone?

Mar 2021
UK
I dont have the money to pay a psychologist. How can I do it alone?
Are you afraid of birds because you have a bad memory about them from childhood? If that is the case, it is very easy to overcome. You can do what is called "exposure therapy". What this is is a therapy technique used to eliminate the patient's anxiety or pain by exposing the patient to an object or environment that is the source of anxiety without causing any risk. You may also use exposure therapy even if you do not have any bad memory from childhood. Try to be around birds more and more slowly and steadily, day by day. There won't be any effect on the FIRST DAY, it takes time.

Also, here are some books which might help you overcome such phobias:

Good Luck!