Parent VS Friend

Aug 2021
Austin Texas
I have a real-world situation that I would like to hear others opinions. Thanks

A married couple has a 32 year old male child who lives in another state. They agree to purchase a home and lease it to the child, his roommate and 2 large dogs. The father writes a lease and has all of the parties sign it. After move-in, the child gets a second large dog and places a 1000lb safe on a pier and beam floor. The father (property owner/landlord) asks the son to remove the unauthorized dog and remove the safe from the pier and beam house. The child refuses, tells his mother and the mother defends the child.

Who is harmed?
Who should prevail?

Reactions: Usedandabused
Aug 2021
Austin, TX
There is no winner here. If the dog and safe damage the home the son should be held accountable, per the lease agreement. The father might have the option of taking the son to court over a breach of contract (although I am not a legal authority). The mother needs to honor the terms of the contract which was signed and agreed to by all parties. As said before, though, this will only cause divisions within the family if the contract is enforced, so no winner, all have the potential to be harmed. No win situation...

Reactions: Corn Pop
Jul 2021
London
I have a real-world situation that I would like to hear others opinions. Thanks

A married couple has a 32 year old male child who lives in another state. They agree to purchase a home and lease it to the child, his roommate and 2 large dogs. The father writes a lease and has all of the parties sign it. After move-in, the child gets a second large dog and places a 1000lb safe on a pier and beam floor. The father (property owner/landlord) asks the son to remove the unauthorized dog and remove the safe from the pier and beam house. The child refuses, tells his mother and the mother defends the child.

Who is harmed?
Who should prevail?
Yes, I think in theory things should be ideal, but in truth you have people who view things differently and view things from top down and vice versa, and are a bit shallow and don't understand there are layers into people's personalities, but tend to oversimplify individuals in general. And I am not one of those people, but sometimes we need to understand that some people are just huge jerks and that's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Corn Pop