Optimal use of brain is possible.

Feb 2011
USA
I don't mean to belabor the point or be redundant,

, but for readers like PhilosophyofLife, it's necessary. (Please bear with me).
1. When we 'recognize' our meta-thinking level, we use it to correct or refrain from being controlled by conditioned thoughts,(alarm).
2. When we 'don't recognize' our meta-thinking, we're apt to misuse it to escalate faulty conditioned thinking, (to panic attack).

Feb 2011
USA
Did you learn to regulate your automatic danger/survival alarm?

Our sphincters are hard wired to work automatically; we 'learned' to regulate them intentionally.
A thought can turn our alarm 'on'. A thought can 'turn it down'.
Think a thought that disturbs you. Even before you pick one, you expect a ensuing reaction of disturbance/distress. It works with optimal thoughts for optimal reactions also.
You can turn your alarm down/reset it. (after message received).

Feb 2011
USA
We react to "perceptualized thoughts"

How do we "perceptualize thoughts"? By 'believing'.
(This is not new information, 'recognizing it' is new for most people.)

An insight is a original thought we never thought before.
If it's not from memory, that implies a second source of thoughts.
What is there before thought is thought into form?
As thinkers, do we form "formless energy" into thoughts?

Last edited:
Feb 2011
USA
"Formless energy" is a natural resource. Water falls and flowing rivers are a natural source of energy we utilize to turn turbines to generate electricity. We 'generate' thoughts.
Sometimes we still react to thoughts without recognizing the source of them.
I still remember the relief I experienced when I recognized 'bogyman' was only my thought-image.
Why not recognize all thoughts,(across-the-board), as only thoughts?
'Thoughts' are to be utilized, but let's recognize we 'make' them. They are not part of the environment, but we make it 'seem' as if they are when we 'project' them; buts that's a mirage we fool ourselves with unwittingly.

We evolve from within, but we talk as if it was 'outside' like gravity.
We react to thoughts as if they were 'outside' instead of 'inside'.

Feb 2011
USA
'believing' seems to 'perceptualize thoughts'

It was a eureka for me when I recognized amygdalae reacts to thoughts as well as to perceptions.

Feb 2011
USA
Do you perform better during practice than during competition?

What makes the difference in performing during practice and during competition?
During practice your less likely to entertain errant/intrusive thoughts.
During practice you focus on 'one' thought.
During competition you entertain a alternative outcome.
You can't serve two masters simultaneously.

Feb 2011
USA
'Thought' both activates and reposes amygdala alarm*

Activation is automatic; reposing is a choice.
Can you repose believing false thoughts? When we recognize false thoughts, we don't react to them.(example: bogyman).
Judging by how much stress is being endured, indicates most people don't know they can repose stress reactions of their amygdala alarm. Whether activated by thought or natural, environmental triggers. When(real) danger over, no need to 'ride out' the stress when you can relieve yourself of them sooner.

* There are many natural stressors in the environment; (write your own list).
I'm interested in 'thought' as stressors; something we can do something about; natural stressors are difficult to avoid.

Feb 2011
USA
This is a thought

Did you react to it? If not, why not? Because you did NOT ADD a image.
When someone 'hurts' your feelings; who provides the image?
We can look at a piece of rope, but if we, (unwittingly) superimpose a mental image of 'snake'; what do we react to?
Language does not 'transmit' images; language 'evokes' images already there.
We do not react to words per se; but to our concomitant images.
We are conditioned 'to and by' language.
Most of the time that's a good thing, but the down side is, we are vulnerable to bullies and comments by others that 'hurt our feelings'.
As a child, did you react fearfully to the thought of 'bogyman'? When you recognized it was only a 'thought-image', you stopped reacting.
"Mindfulness" is very popular because it 'works'. It's a way to 'recognize' the role/effect of images.

Feb 2011
USA
If your not interested in,(#29), could it be because you glimpsed who's really responsible for your 'thought-activated' emotions?

If the phrase; "thought-activated emotions/stress" were part of mainstream vocabulary it would be recognized by more people.

Our waking-images are no more real than dream-images. (Have you compared them lately?)
"Expectation-images" are reacted to as current perceptions. (Is that tomfoolery or unrecognized mistake?)

Our automatic safety/survival alarm,(amygdala), is REGULATABLE via thought-images.

Last edited: