Neuroplasticity

Sep 2011
I had a professor mention neuroplasicity in briefly in a lecture. It caught my attention. Dispite the obvious uses in brain damage victims, couldn't neuroplasicity be used to change behavior? If dendrite growth is happening, looks to me like this could be the ultimate "mind over matter", "fake it 'til you make it" situation. If we can grow say, positive thinking dendrites and cells, we could weed out the negative dendrite pathways. If this works, sky is the limit? Sounds to good to be true.
I haven't read "change you mind, and change your brain", but am aware of the books and research.

Nov 2008
U.S.A.
That is an intersting thought. It would be necessary to have a specific knowledge of the type of dendrites needed and how they would effect the whole persons personality. If you add here? Will it change here? What consequences would be expected on the whole?

Nov 2008
U.S.A.
Oh possibly, but we have super computers and in some countries they would use political prisoners or the mentally disabled to test it. I expect things like you discribed will be done, if they are not already being done. Even the " research" the nazi's did was to valuble to waste. So the allies pardoned the people who did it in exchange for access to there research. Mind control or Manchurian Candidates are very important to the NWO.

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Earl,
Earl,
Why can't I see sub atomic particles/unformed matter from a reality standpoint. When I look out my bedroom window all I see is a beautiful scene/formed matter. I understand it is there, but I see it as reality and not sub particles. I believe (God created from words tand the picture I see in my mind). I am having serious problems believing I am seeing a illusion. Even tho I cannot see it, doesn't mean it is not there. Have I created in my mind a illusion only to see formed matter because I refuse to see unformed matter?
Psychologically where does this put me as believing against a non seeing fact? pljames

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
[quote author=pljames link=topic=2273.msg21553#msg21553 date=1347213372]

Earl,
Why can't I see sub atomic particles/unformed matter from a reality standpoint. When I look out my bedroom window all I see is a beautiful scene/formed matter. I understand it is there, but I see it as reality and not sub particles. I believe (God created from words tand the picture I see in my mind). I am having serious problems believing I am seeing a illusion. Even tho I cannot see it, doesn't mean it is not there. Have I created in my mind a illusion only to see formed matter because I refuse to see unformed matter?
Psychologically where does this put me as believing against a non seeing fact? pljames
[/quote]

Nov 2008
U.S.A.
Your ability to see certain objects is limited by your physical state. The same could be said as to why can't I fly or walk thru a wall?

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Earl,
There is a magician who made the Statue of liberty disappear, levitated himself up in the air and walked through a blanket. How did he do that? PL

[quote author=S. Earl Martin link=topic=2273.msg21581#msg21581 date=1347359763]
Your ability to see certain objects is limited by your physical state. The same could be said as to why can't I fly or walk thru a wall?
[/quote]