neuro electronic thoughts.

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
???When the impulses goto the neuo net are they intelliegent, so as to know where to go? Do these electrical impulsus's turn into invisible thoughts and how do they do that? I can't get past understanding how the mind knows how to finish a sentence when I do not what comes next in a word?

???(My theory is a word is create and then another word is created exponentially from the memory and then we write it down linear)? pljames

Sep 2010
It appears you don't understand something. When most people don't understand something they will attribute it to god. Therefore language would be a god given gift. (no other explanation required)

Sadly, but as you are trying to understand and explore it further & rationally there is much complexity to what you ask, which includes, evolution, history, biology, neurology, psychology etc...

We have developed language which enables us to communicate & to express ourselves. This is the part what answers your question the best.
For example you want to communicate you want to understand something, so you ask the question above. In order to gain you have to arrange words - (the motivation for this action is you requiring an answer, therefore weather you're aware of it or not, this is the process that is happening) - you want something and you do what you can to get it, if you can speak, this is the easier route. People without speach may bang and point or draw. Speaking or writing language is an automatic process like driving or walking, we don't think we need to put one foot in front of the other to walk, we just do it, like with words, they too get us from one place to another.

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
I think our thoughts come from our external enviroment and stimli as well. Plus our internal enviroment. With that said then what is meant "we are what we think". If I think I am a teapot I am not, even tho I do not believe it. What about the law of attraction and such? I can create a illusion in my mind but I do not have to believe it. Is that rational? pljames

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
It makes sense to use language in our thoughts. How does the brain pass the information called thoughts into the mind? I hear my thoughts but cannot see them. I to cannot understand how too create the next thought. I am more than mind but what is more of? pljames

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
It makes sense to use language in our thoughts. How does the brain pass the information called thoughts into the mind? I hear my thoughts but cannot see them. I to cannot understand how too create the next thought. I am more than mind but what is more of? pljames

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
If our mind sees a object and creates a picture of it then can it (the object as a picture) associate the picture with a word? The opposite is true as well. I see with my eyes but does the brain interpret the object as a picture or a word? How can I hear a thought but cannot see the thought? My eyes see yet how does my brain interpret what my eyes see then create a thought I can hear and understand in my mind? I now believe language plays a role in the brain as well as the mind. pljames

I do not understand how the brain associates its functions workings of electronic firings to the mind as thoughts that can be understood? pljames

SWM

May 2008
i converted chapter 1 to plain text.

contents:

CHAPTER
1How the Brain
Gives Rise to the
Mind
1. A Brief History: How We Got Here
1.1. In the Beginning: The Contents of
Consciousness
1.2. Psychology in the World
1.3. Behaviorism: Reaction against the
Unobservable
1.4. The Cognitive Revolution
2. Understanding the Mind: The Form of
Theories of Cognition
2.1. Mind and Brain
2.2. Mental Representation
2.3. Mental Processing
2.4. Why the Brain?
DEBATE: What Is the Nature of Visual Mental
Imagery?
3. The Cognitive Brain
3.1. Neurons: The Building Blocks of the
Brain
3.2. Structure of the Nervous System
3.2.1. The Peripheral Nervous System
3.2.2. The Cerebral Cortex
3.2.3. Subcortical Areas
4. Studying Cognition
4.1. Converging Evidence for Dissociations
and Associations
4.2. Behavioral Methods
4.3. Correlational Neural Methods: The
Importance of Localization
4.4. Causal Neural Methods
4.5. Modeling
4.6. Neural-Network Models
5. Overview of the Book
Revisit and Reflect

view the attachment to read the rest oof the chapter.

Attachments

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
I will stay with the computer as hardware and mind as software. (heavy stuff) thanks for your patience. pl

[quote author=SWM link=topic=2041.msg18866#msg18866 date=1329637060]
i converted chapter 1 to plain text.

contents:

CHAPTER
1How the Brain
Gives Rise to the
Mind
1. A Brief History: How We Got Here
1.1. In the Beginning: The Contents of
Consciousness
1.2. Psychology in the World
1.3. Behaviorism: Reaction against the
Unobservable
1.4. The Cognitive Revolution
2. Understanding the Mind: The Form of
Theories of Cognition
2.1. Mind and Brain
2.2. Mental Representation
2.3. Mental Processing
2.4. Why the Brain?
DEBATE: What Is the Nature of Visual Mental
Imagery?
3. The Cognitive Brain
3.1. Neurons: The Building Blocks of the
Brain
3.2. Structure of the Nervous System
3.2.1. The Peripheral Nervous System
3.2.2. The Cerebral Cortex
3.2.3. Subcortical Areas
4. Studying Cognition
4.1. Converging Evidence for Dissociations
and Associations
4.2. Behavioral Methods
4.3. Correlational Neural Methods: The
Importance of Localization
4.4. Causal Neural Methods
4.5. Modeling
4.6. Neural-Network Models
5. Overview of the Book
Revisit and Reflect

view the attachment to read the rest oof the chapter.
[/quote]