Narcissism, NPD, classification, treatment

Nov 2021
Europe
Narcissistic Personality Disorder, NPD.

I've been spending a major part of my free time studying this phenomenon for the last two years.

The results are quite simply mind-blowing. The short version:

First off, mainstream psychology is not much help when trying to understand and react to (I don't say treat, because there is no effective treatment) this condition.

Out of all psychological conditions, NPD is far and away more destructive than all the others put together.

A major part of humanity, 5, 10 or 15% belong to this class of individuals. I don't say sufferers, because it's not them who suffer.

They ("Narcs") seem normal at first glance, or even at close inspection. Yet they function on a completely different basis from normal people and wreak havoc wherever they go.

Narcs have an uncanny ability to subvert/convert the people around them into a kind of coven. This can be incredibly damaging in the workplace and in politics.

Social media have turbocharged the ability of narcs to reach other people with their toxic message. This is therefore the age of Narcissus.

Any thoughts and comments are welcome.

Jul 2021
London
Narcissistic Personality Disorder, NPD.

I've been spending a major part of my free time studying this phenomenon for the last two years.

The results are quite simply mind-blowing. The short version:

First off, mainstream psychology is not much help when trying to understand and react to (I don't say treat, because there is no effective treatment) this condition.

Out of all psychological conditions, NPD is far and away more destructive than all the others put together.

A major part of humanity, 5, 10 or 15% belong to this class of individuals. I don't say sufferers, because it's not them who suffer.

They ("Narcs") seem normal at first glance, or even at close inspection. Yet they function on a completely different basis from normal people and wreak havoc wherever they go.

Narcs have an uncanny ability to subvert/convert the people around them into a kind of coven. This can be incredibly damaging in the workplace and in politics.

Social media have turbocharged the ability of narcs to reach other people with their toxic message. This is therefore the age of Narcissus.

Any thoughts and comments are welcome.
Cluster Bs are more or less the same, however, once someone offends as in commits a crime, it is psychopathy, it's not Cluster B. Cluster Bs don't necessarily offend, and when they do it's usually in association with the psychopath, out alone, they probably wouldn't, and some such as borderlines even get so angry at their abuser they end up abusing their abuser if not get rid of them for good. I have worked with cluster Bs and haven't had issues. I have had issues with the HPD as I think it's hard to say whether they are psychopaths or not, but the narcissist it is pretty easy to tell the difference from psychopath actually. The psychopath is very rash in its emotions and that can confuse the HPD diagnosis as they exaggerate their emotions, I doubt the HPD would offend either, I think once you offend that's the psychopath diagnosis right there. It is just possible a psychopath is mimicking the HPD but is really a psychopath. Once they offend the cluster b diagnosis is just out. Or when they say they want to make a scene. I think it's HPD until they offend.

Last edited: