My Psychology Learning Knowledge

Mar 2015
Australia
Psychology learned people would be aware of a rat running through a maze learning example. Ten years ago I developed a joke relating to school students' ability to negotiate an appropriate sized maze.
The Joke: a group of 15' year 10 students attempting to negotiate a maze, on approaching the first tee section. All students are emotionally restrained from voicing their opinion on choosing a left or right pathway due to probable embarrassment fears on choosing the wrong pathway, fearful of being accused of being dumb by the remaining 14 students. An entire 30 student class will leave the decision to the teacher. A class of university students will divide up into study groups.
If psychology students were in awe of how a lab rat can remember correct tee section selection pathway after pathway to collect a food reward, than a question should be asked “is formal education making school students memory skills more intelligent than a lab rat or conditioning student learners to be less memory skilled intelligent than a lab rat?”. I would suspect the lab rat memory performance would have a lot to do with how mentally stressed the lab rat was while remembering pathway tee sections.
In Australia during the 1990s, a federal government financed national television broadcaster provided an early morning selection of what was called “open Learning” of many one hour higher educational learning programs, leading to tests that provided a degree of some value. I VCR recorded two open learner programs: accounting series and psychology series for later viewing. The psychology theories were somewhat slow to the point; a little obvious; somewhat interesting as the presenter focused on initial theory creators whom many have long ago died. Several old black and white film studies were shown, two of which were the “Little Albert experiment” and “Milgram experiment on obedience to authority figures”. Both studies can be Googled. I found the series not that informative that graduate studiers were provided with a room wall hang-able degree compared to what I believe I have learnt since.
In year 1999, listening to a federal government financed national FM radio station's invited male guest speaker, the male guest speaker prompted listeners into ideas that government sponsored education was a pretend education, that children being emotional self-programming are sensitive to mental stress. How humans behave, what humans believe, how formal education persuades students into self-programming themselves into keeping themselves dumb in certain behaviours, killing child curiosity, for their remaining life span, self-programmed behaviours fixed at the age of 7 years, completely fixed by aged 10 years. Similar ideas based on the British 7 Up television documentary series. At the same time while listening to the radio guest speaker's short statements over several weekly same time slot programs, I found a book vaguely indicating ADHD was caused by formal education. The ADHD related book mentioned a phrase “I don't care” often heard from students sick of being educated. On page, 159 a full page cartoon image showing a mother controlling a switch box, the switch box wired to a male teenager doing his homework seen being electrocuted, having his mother flicking the switch on, teenager stunned in mid air with surrounded image indicator of being electric shock tortured. The radio station guest speaker also stated that marriage break ups for some emotionally unstable people caused by education can trigger future long term psychological problems.
In 1999, I knew an aged 42 years male, for this reading, I'm naming him Mr X, who was and still is on a disability pension for depression. Mr X was suffering from depression prompted by a permanent marriage separation 10 years earlier. He stated his doctor was prescribing him the strongest medication for his mental depression. According to Mr X the prescribing medication practising psychological doctor stated that he was suffering from a chemical imbalance. Mr X in my view was the perfect person to interview due to his strong unquestionable belief in his own high self-scored IQ intelligence. The radio guest speaker stated to listeners that people often lie to themselves in order to make themselves feel better. On talking to Mr X, I found out that Mr X often tells himself “I'm smart” which makes him feel good. I stated an argument to Mr X that telling yourself he's smart to make yourself feel good was no more than fooling yourself. Mr X states “I don't care, I want to feel good, I don't want to feel bad”. After further questioning his lying to himself feel good behaviour reasoning, I often get “I don't care, I want to feel good” followed by laughter, sometimes getting “I really don't care”. Mr X at the time having a horse racing and Keno gambling addiction; drinks carton wine at night, one evening I was witnessing Mr X being so drunk, I could barely understand what he was saying while he was speaking to me.
The radio guest speaker stated that children needing to medicate mental stress were attempting to drum up endorphins by turning teacher question and answer sessions into a game. I questioned Mr X about his primary school teacher question and answer sessions which he stated he always got the answers correct. Mr X stating he was competing with other children to be seen by class students quickly sticking his hand up to answer teacher questions. Mr X also stated he had to be seen by the class to be the first child to laugh at a perceived humorous event.
From the same FM radio station, another spokes person stated “a full stop ends a single thought”. I mentioned this single full stop ends a single thought to Mr X. Mr X agreed. I suggested follow up sentences are like adverbs as to better describe the first sentence. Mr X said “no”. I stated paragraph readings are about an idea. Mr X was not amused. During a discussion about Mr X picking on his ex-wife for her bad driving, before his separation, Mr X often laughing at her, his need to believe he is smart while everyone else around him was dumb, narcissism behaviour, his wife often calling him a “big head”. Mr X being medicated for depression believes everyone thinks very much like himself. Ideas of rationalising things he rejects. If he gets a feeling about something his feelings are never wrong. Emotional intelligence.
I have very few memories of my schooling days, one reinforced memory was during my aged 10 years primary school year 3 class. The teacher was having frequent morning sessions, asking class students questions, choosing students to answer questions within a set time, which many students eagerly took part. During these sessions I looked away from the teacher, having no desires to get involved. The teacher asked me one question relating to a Disney movie shown the night before, which my follow up answer was wrong. I immediately felt embarrassment which I physically shrugged off.
The only evidence I have to prove the 1999 radio guest speaker existed other than anecdotal proof (my saying so) is that the radio guest speaker prompted me to ask the right questions.
The below paragraph reading description In my anecdotal opinion explains how a simple question and answer game can guide children's decision making pathways into simple quick knee jerk judgemental reactions, rewarded by emotional stimulation. Question and Answer sessions together with another theory for why students are not wanting to experience prolonged thought. Prolonged pretend thought theory reflecting years of chalkboard copying internal voice cognitive overload mental stress, that being that chalkboard copying is similar to advanced brain intelligent thinking. Formal education fills advance thinking brains up with pointless information, having mental stress trauma negative reinforcement memories attached... Over a period of time, for school students the period is 10 years plus, rewarding stimulations and fears are experienced over recurring periods, remembered behaviours with associated emotional reactions should be considered as behavioural conditioning.
Teacher Question and Answer third and or fourth year attending school sessions are to my understanding the most psychologically damaging classroom time spent periods. Teachers standing in front of a classroom of thirty children, many (if not many... all) children in need of pleasure seeking endorphins stimulating enjoyment to medicate cognitive overload mental stress, turning question and answer time into a judgemental game. Teachers asking simple general knowledge questions about anything? Students being pointed to by a teacher, to answer a question within a three second period. After each three second period, if the teacher has not received a correct answer the teacher will point to another child. I would say teacher colleges are instructing teachers to ask questions allowing only fifty percent of classroom students to know the answers. When a teacher asks questions: students are playing the question and answer game, believing they know any correct answers feel smart that they feel they know the answers, placing their hand up. Than there's students whom feel dumb for not knowing any correct answers, fearing embarrassment to be asked to answer a given question by a teacher. When questions are correctly answered: Students believing they known the correct answer finding out that they got answers wrong, quickly practice some type of denial: bad luck; not my fault, etc. to quickly ward off fearful self-induced embarrassments, being ready to answer another teacher question. Students hearing their answers to questions being correct, feeling very smart. To those students asked to answer a question being too slow to answer or being incorrect, twenty nine remaining classroom students judging too slow and or incorrect answer students as dumb, until correct individual answers are proclaimed by the teacher to be correct. Those children who thought they knew correct answers on hearing their answers were incorrect, shrug off their own embarrassment somewhat with denial. Students believing (anticipating) they knew the answers eventually finding that they were correct, than feeling themselves to be smart for correcting knowing something that are often no more than easy to remember retrieval knowledge answers. Many sessions of teacher trivial question and answer games have for many children suffering from many embarrassing insecure judgements, self-conditioning denial can have developed past any reasonable understanding and other psychological traumas. How much increased dysfunctional judgemental behaviours are learnt depends on each individual child's rational maturity before attending school to allow themselves to self-control not to over stimulate into positive reinforcement rewarding. This conditioning I believe is the cause of (wishful anticipation of winning) gambling addictions. Remembering and dwelling on winning, while ignoring losses, in aid of drumming up medicating endorphins rewarding stimulations.
Teacher Question and Answer sessions condition children to hurriedly scan their brain for simple known answers. To me this behaviour is not thinking. To me thinking is formulating many detailed ideas into probable new ideas, balancing black and white into grey areas of thought. Recognising the difference between proven information and anecdotal 'the more something is stated the more that something becomes true' information.
Q&A Conditioning: self-judgement rewarded by feel good is true endorphins, opposed to getting it wrong fears; coming up with a solution to a problem within a 3 second time frame and that all prompted enquired solutions needs only a single idea answer; the self-belief in being smart never being wrong denial emotional decision making can explain one of several theories I have to why many people are fixed in their beliefs, refusing to change their beliefs regardless how much correcting reasoning arguments are imposed. Even if debunking emotionally reinforced beliefs using argumentative reasoning are successfully thought of as true by people suffering from above ideas, within a short period, old conditioning emotionally reinforced beliefs return with increased blocking avoidance tactics.
If it wasn't for television programs showing viewers responsible adult behaviours allowing populations to behave and or how not to behave in similar circumstances, allowing people to feel good about what they're doing and what they know, being told what to reject; rejecting what they don't know. I predict more people would be displaying fearful not knowing psychological traumas. People don't challenge each other with new ideas because often people don't know many ideas past media productions. Often people have few communication incentives past basic needs.
Google: Little Albert experiment; cognitive overload symptoms. After a bit of reading on cognitive overload symptoms I eventually found a clear statement “reduced intellectual performance and poor judgement; this is well known to cognitive psychologists (information overload 1)”. I believe Little Albert aged one year will soon forget his induced fear of furry animals if further follow up conditioning is not continued, compared to the many hours school students spend at school.
I hope you found the above reading informative... steve9

Mar 2015
Australia
Fast moving sports destroys slow practical thinking.

In Australia, during the 1980s, playing darts at Club venue competitions, became a popular pastime for many people. Most well practised dart players could create an average score of 45 points throwing 3 darts, my mentioned Mr X I believe averaged 90 points. I've seen Mr X after realising he's falling behind due to his poor playing partner, walk up to a dart board, steady himself and throw a 140 points score with 3 darts. I often asked him how he could play that well, ... he never replied.
After 1999 mentioned questioning Mr X in a previous readings (above) on this website. I realised that Mr X has very fast emotional responses. When throwing darts, a thrower must correct their arm based on how they feel as a dart is being thrown. I believe Mr X advantage edge was his sensitivity to his emotional reactions to react quickly. Darts is not like ball throwing sports where strength, good instructions and practice increases performance. In darts, regardless how darts are thrown, it is the quickness to respond to emotional perceptions. In Mr X's beliefs, he believed he was getting smarter. And by getting good scores to Mr X, proved he was smarter than everyone else. You could say he was getting more self-conscious. Rather than concerning himself with his surrounding environment, Mr X became self-conscious of his own superior ability. In doing so he became more of a narcissist as time went on, remembering and re-remembering his past competitive dart throwing games, gratifying himself. As this self-conscious state continued, restraining himself from picking on his wife for (an example) bad motor vehicle driving with follow-up loud laughter LOL. Even when his wife repeatedly called him a big head, his laughing at his wife continued. After his wife told him to leave, at the time he knew it was his own fault. After a period of tearful remorse, I could hear Mr X's conversations with himself, wondering why his wife asked him to leave, saying to himself “I'm a nice person”. Eventually it was all his wife's fault.
If there is a point to the reading, simple needs for emotionally driven self-esteem, overly stimulated self-esteem narcissism can lead to bad (believed to be correct by the person doing them) behaviours leading to poor outcomes.
I should add Mr X's wife was someone I and several other people I spoke to, said “she was a terrible person to talk to”. My view is Mr X's wife was a serious 'days of our lives', about herself, terrible to listen to person.

Mar 2015
Australia
I can also state, Mr X has good English communication skills yet no conversational skills whatsoever. I could rely on Mr X to never start a conversation about anything. As I usually started conversations Mr X generally had few reasons to prolong further communications. I could assume Mr X had to think about what he was going to say, having no endorphins stimulation beneficial incentives.
Mr X first met his wife while attending ballroom dancing. Eventually they both started to play darts. She had babies while he continued to play darts. When Mr X came home from work his wife didn't have anyone to talk to and her dissatisfaction gradually set in.
The above paragraph may be an often repeated story, yet if children were to experience more thinking about what's happening around them outside classroom confines and less sports activities, natural boredom may aid in developing gratifying conversational skills, allowing continued conversation to not be a problem. Children should be competent conversationalists before first attending school. Once children attend school, teacher restraints on talking in classrooms are applied, adding a degree emotional restraint on wanting to socially communicate verbally with other children and adults. When teachers suddenly call on students to provide an answer to a query, poor thinking children having poor communication skills must respond, feeling fears on not providing proficient responses.
Parents restraining their children from talking at the dinner table during meals adds more fear restraint desires. Parents should redirect conversations towards positive enjoyable influences.
Parents encouraging their children to talk socially towards positive functional practical thinking opposed to dysfunctional narrow minded assumptions, allowing children to experience emotional rewards for correctly getting their desired detailed message to be understood. Children will most probably become well versed social communicators, adding an often desired talent and skill to future professional careers.

To me, directed at some people, “What's bleeding obvious, seems not bleeding obvious enough.”

Mar 2015
Australia
If you're a Simpsons watcher, you may remember an episode where the Simpsons were drawn into a religious cult, where the rarely ever seen Leader promised to take followers to a far away planet, (Heaven). Homer was shown to be finally influenced by a batman chant, batman word was replaced with Leader. In the episode final scenes, Springfield's characters were shown working in the fields. Many hours over many days of exhausting labours, exhausts human brains to believe what they're told.
On the below website provided, The Milgram Experiment: electrocution demonstration that allow humans to be shown to be obedient believers and obedient tools of authority.
Milgram Experiment | Simply Psychology

A recent 2012 move, "The Silver Linings Playbook" is a must see movie. A particular scene in the doctor's therapy room is a rare to movie information "undiagnosed bipolar". you came look further information on the Internet.

Last edited: