my 19 years old son has a habit of unconditionally laugh

Dec 2021
us
I have noticed my's son's strange behaviors since he was 10,at first he had an habit of uncondionally laugh to himself and told me that he was imagining something funny but abstract,I guess he would probably spend too much time watching funny catoons so that he always love laughing to hinself,but he was frequently distracted from his homework and even in the classroom,his teacher gave me a feedback that he giggled or laughed during classes,what's worse,he couldn't concentrate in his homework,he loves music and movies,but he can't even concentrate on them for 20 minutes,he
preserves this habit of unconditionally laugh out loud until now,but he has changed the subject from catoons into funny memes about celebrities and politicians,he has recently gained a habit of mocking people of different color skins and disfigured people,he thinks its
funny and joyful,unfortunately he was dropped out of college due to unconditionally laughing in class,he did giggle which was not so perceptible.

Reactions: Usedandabused
Aug 2021
Austin, TX
I have noticed my's son's strange behaviors since he was 10,at first he had an habit of uncondionally laugh to himself and told me that he was imagining something funny but abstract,I guess he would probably spend too much time watching funny catoons so that he always love laughing to hinself,but he was frequently distracted from his homework and even in the classroom,his teacher gave me a feedback that he giggled or laughed during classes,what's worse,he couldn't concentrate in his homework,he loves music and movies,but he can't even concentrate on them for 20 minutes
There is no simple answer to your question. These first lines sound a little like Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. You can find symptoms and suggestions for ADHD online. The second part about mocking and making fun of people of different skin color or with disabilities is a little more severe. This is a learned behavior, possibly from peer groups or friends, if you are positive he did not learn it from home. College is not necessarily for everyone, many successful people never went to nor attended college. (it would suprise me if he was kicked out for giggling, more likely he was unable to maintain his grades). You may need to find professional help for a full and accurate diagnosis...
Good luck to you and your son,
Ivery

Jun 2020
Greece
I have noticed my's son's strange behaviors since he was 10,at first he had an habit of uncondionally laugh to himself and told me that he was imagining something funny but abstract,I guess he would probably spend too much time watching funny catoons so that he always love laughing to hinself,but he was frequently distracted from his homework and even in the classroom,his teacher gave me a feedback that he giggled or laughed during classes,what's worse,he couldn't concentrate in his homework,he loves music and movies,but he can't even concentrate on them for 20 minutes,he
preserves this habit of unconditionally laugh out loud until now,but he has changed the subject from catoons into funny memes about celebrities and politicians,he has recently gained a habit of mocking people of different color skins and disfigured people,he thinks its
funny and joyful,unfortunately he was dropped out of college due to unconditionally laughing in class,he did giggle which was not so perceptible.
First, "unconditionally laughing" isn't actually mental health related, despite the movie The Joker popularizing this concept.
Secondly, your son is laughing at his own thoughts, not at random uncontrollable intervals. Unless it's causing him suffering and interfering with his everyday life, it's really not a problem, he's just thinking about funny stuff. If your son couldn't stop laughing in class, it was probably his own behavior/goofing off. If he has problems with distractibility in general, it could potentially be a sign of ADHD. If he's always lost inside his thoughts and it interferes with his daily life, you might ask a professional about the Inattentive subtype. The fact that his thoughts induce laughter could be from nothing more than his personality, maybe he just has a good sense of humor and thinks a lot about funny things.

As for skin color/disfigured people, not all people who do these kinds of things have mental health disturbances. Sometimes it's character, core beliefs, etc. Other times, the low empathy can be a sign of something else.

Good luck.

Reactions: Usedandabused
Jul 2021
London
Uncontrollable laughter has been signalled in neurological problems, which is pretty peculiar, perhaps speaking with a doctor neurologist about this? I don't think the behaviours mean anything, they are just erratic and are hiding pain, perhaps a brain scan might help more. I am thinking a benign tumor, which simply can get removed (no chemo required) and then it should solve the problem.