I have a question

Nov 2021
Belfry
I’m not trying to stir up controversy at all, I’m just simply asking a question. Do you think there are single people out there who have never been in a relationship at 24 years old, and are virgins at 24, and can never get the opposite sex to send them a message back, and sit back and watch literally everyone else get into relationships with ease, and can never get someone of the opposite sex to give them the time of day, and can never get someone of the opposite sex to hangout with them when anyone else can hangout with whoever they want when they want, and so on so forth? Because all of that is me. It would really make me feel a little bit of comfort to know that there’s someone out there that feels my struggle I bet there’s NO ONE on this planet that can say those things about themselves. It hurts never having had a girlfriend, but it hurts even more never having had sex. I really challenge anyone on here to tell me if there’s someone that knows what it’s like to struggle like this. When you look at the fact that I have tried so hard to get both for 24 years but have never been able to get it, but yet everyone else gets both on the daily? How can you not say there’s a curse? Just curious to find out what everyone thinks. There’s something out of my control that’s keeping me from having both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Usedandabused
Jul 2021
London
I’m not trying to stir up controversy at all, I’m just simply asking a question. Do you think there are single people out there who have never been in a relationship at 24 years old, and are virgins at 24, and can never get the opposite sex to send them a message back, and sit back and watch literally everyone else get into relationships with ease, and can never get someone of the opposite sex to give them the time of day, and can never get someone of the opposite sex to hangout with them when anyone else can hangout with whoever they want when they want, and so on so forth? Because all of that is me. It would really make me feel a little bit of comfort to know that there’s someone out there that feels my struggle I bet there’s NO ONE on this planet that can say those things about themselves. It hurts never having had a girlfriend, but it hurts even more never having had sex. I really challenge anyone on here to tell me if there’s someone that knows what it’s like to struggle like this. When you look at the fact that I have tried so hard to get both for 24 years but have never been able to get it, but yet everyone else gets both on the daily? How can you not say there’s a curse? Just curious to find out what everyone thinks. There’s something out of my control that’s keeping me from having both.

As a person who was a victim of organised crime, I learnt that attention is usually bad. And I was never particularly fond of it, but I think most people are like this nowadays, as crime has increased so much so jobs and businesses are harmed, by just having been at the receiving end of some bs today myself, where I was defamed, I just wanted to let you know that most honest people nowadays are busy dealing with fixing their career, and that can take many years. As I mentioned I was victimised during my phD over 5 years ago, and only found out today after a potential employer went behind my back to ask for direct references without asking me, and even provided my email contact as well as other personal information leading to several people being hacked. Simply, like myself and many others, she never would have thought she was being lied to and my former supervisors would be criminals. Nevertheless yep they are and I had no idea. I feel ashamed that they were my supervisors, even though I did all the work on my own, but I still think I should be able to have a job like everyone else, and I think she had everything she needed to hire me, the indirect references and all, still she asked for direct references, and I don't understand why and went too far. I think human curiousity is dangerous sometimes. Really good people are seldom listened to, I never said my supervisors were good people, she wanted those supervisors and provided them and she wanted them indirect, but to trust them with your life when you don't even know who they are is a bit crazy. I am a good researcher I know, but that won't mean everyone else is, in fact she believed I was the bad one and they were good, I mean, initially she thought I was good, but then they lied that I was bad, so she then believed them, but she went behind my back to ask for a reference, there is no way I'd thought she'd provide my information to them, but yes it did harm me in the end, as I didn't even get the job. I think she even wanted to harm me herself as she asked me for a second interview, but never got back to me with a time set and even said she wanted to check on my pharmacology-physiology knowledge which she was sure of during the first interview, but because she must have been told some crazy bs she didn't trust me obviously then wanted someone else to be there, and people from her group to talk to me. That is not unusual, but when you have someone who lied that you are not a teamplayer and that you are overrated, and that you lie on your cv, so that she could send him my cv for him to check and stalk me more, then you know that I don't have many chances and, as I told her I am aware you got an inaccurate reference, if want to hold a second interview because you are really interested in me, I am not sure I can beat the prejudice deriving from an inaccurate reference, but I can still try. However, no response, meaning she probably wanted to get me in trouble as I suspected and didn't because of my email. With this context, how do you expect people, I am old already and didn't manage to land a real job due to all this trouble I was caused, and you can see how people are, they don't mind stabbing some complete stranger in the back without knowing them, btw my former supervisor was defaming her too, and she would have gotten a bullet for him. The world makes no sense, there's lots of sick people as well as lovers of the sick people, if you want to make progress in life you shouldn't give them the time of day. I knew yesterday I wouldn't get the job and cried all morning, I couldn't do anything today due to the crime those supervisors committed against me, and the police doesn't deal with them. She had told me if the references were good, she'd contact me yesterday with an offer, that never happened, the second interview I doubt was to give me another chance to make an assessment but due to prejudice. Someone wants you they make an offer. She didn't, she hasn't gotten back to me. And even if she did offer me the job on Tuesday she'd have to email the former supervisors I don't work there, otherwise they'd send someone there to kill me. I doubt she'd remedy to that either, so yes, people just add more headache in your life, they don't help you out, and it is her loss, but being a good researcher, I am suprised she'd believe the not so good ones, in fact they were downright criminals, particularly I was nice to her. So in the end, this is the world we are in right now, it's ok to be strong and move on without paying so much attention to what other bad people say. Just keep trying and you'll find the right person too but to give up, no. I also think if you try too hard it's unhealthy, and that is why I don't pressurise myself, in the end you are a great person, if others don't see that, then they are the problem, not you.

Aug 2021
Austin, TX
Have you ever had a friend of any kind, male or female? If so, you are on track to developing a relationship. All relationships begin as friendships, then progress as intimacy becomes more comfortable. Do not sweat your age, nor your virginity. It is not uncommon, but movies, tv, and social media would make you think you are abnormal. You are not. If anything, I commend you for waiting for the right person and time. People often regret getting too intimate too quickly instead of taking time to establish relationships. Good luck, if you are looking for ways to find new relationships, volunteer. You will meet generally meet morally and ethically more sophisticated people volunteering. Other places to meet people would be classes, religious organizations, civic type clubs or organizations, and so forth. Good luck, and let us know how it goes for you...
Ivery

Nov 2021
Belfry
Have you ever had a friend of any kind, male or female? If so, you are on track to developing a relationship. All relationships begin as friendships, then progress as intimacy becomes more comfortable. Do not sweat your age, nor your virginity. It is not uncommon, but movies, tv, and social media would make you think you are abnormal. You are not. If anything, I commend you for waiting for the right person and time. People often regret getting too intimate too quickly instead of taking time to establish relationships. Good luck, if you are looking for ways to find new relationships, volunteer. You will meet generally meet morally and ethically more sophisticated people volunteering. Other places to meet people would be classes, religious organizations, civic type clubs or organizations, and so forth. Good luck, and let us know how it goes for you...
Ivery
Did you read my question though? I asked if there’s any other person out there who is a virgin at 24 and has never been in a relationship at 24….

Jul 2021
London
Did you read my question though? I asked if there’s any other person out there who is a virgin at 24 and has never been in a relationship at 24….

Yes, I am virgin, at 35, I did date a lot in my early 20s though. :) I just had to finish university, so I turned down three marriage offers at ages 19, 22 and 24 respectively, then got sick with a fibroid tumor of 16 cms! at age 28 and survived that operation which was complicated. I saved the life of an organised criminal too in that same year (I wasn't aware he was one, he was my professor at uni), and I didn't know that he was one either. Nevertheless, he tried to get me killed through his org criminal cop friend when I turned 32 abroad and all these people were abroad! But I never had a bf nor gf (I am bi), either, just dated, because the others seemed kinda flaky.

My principal career should have suffered from these setbacks as well as my health, and I couldn't get hired afterwards as they'd defame me, I only found that all out yesterday, even if I had the gut feeling all along, I just needed the evidence;

the bottom line is I think most people are that way nowadays as criminals get jobs due to unfair competition, whereas the honest individuals might face setbacks due to those criminal behaviours where they get victimised, so if you put your career first and then your personal life, as it's natural, it makes sense that you'd face setbacks. The original idea is that everyone is equal psychopaths or not, but in practice that doesn't happen as psychopaths tend to harm the State and its people and I am an example as are many more.

To this day I don't know why someone I saved the life of would do this to me!!! I never will, but crazy people are out there and that I have accepted.

Last edited:
Jul 2021
London

I agree with both though, I do understand where you are coming from as why noone comes after you, surely at least considering you which is odd, as it's not like you are a bad person, but I also agree through friendship you could get close to someone as for instance you can at least know they are single :)

Aug 2021
Austin, TX
Do you think there are single people out there who have never been in a relationship at 24 years old, and are virgins at 24, and can never get the opposite sex to send them a message back, and sit back and watch literally everyone else get into relationships with ease, and can never get someone of the opposite sex to give them the time of day, and can never get someone of the opposite sex to hangout with them when anyone else can hangout with whoever they want when they want, and so on so forth
Do not sweat your age, nor your virginity. It is not uncommon, but movies, tv, and social media would make you think you are abnormal. You are not. If anything, I commend you for waiting for the right person and time.
Yes, I did read your post, and while I am sixty something years old and this does not apply to me, I tried to give you words of encouragement that you are not alone. My intent was to make suggestions to help you change your situation, not just bemoan the situation you are in currently. My intent was to help future you by encouraging current you to change your approach to life...
Good luck,
Ivery

Jul 2021
London
Yes, I did read your post, and while I am sixty something years old and this does not apply to me, I tried to give you words of encouragement that you are not alone. My intent was to make suggestions to help you change your situation, not just bemoan the situation you are in currently. My intent was to help future you by encouraging current you to change your approach to life...
Good luck,
Ivery
Yes, I liked your comment, I do think we live in different eras and I can relate to both, perhaps because I am in the middle age-wise. 10 years ago I could date, now it would be pretty impossible, so living in the transition period, I do see both perspectives. If you see the youth now, they don't commit at all, in the past we would much more than now. The ideal is committing when you find a good person like yourself, which might not be easy, so yes keeping it up helps.

Last edited: