How would you describe your personality to people?

Nov 2008
U.S.A.
I find it intersting how people can open up in a forum were we can stay somewhat anonymous. Could we be as honest if we were in a room together in person? I really enjoy reading and corresponding on this sight and look forward to it.
As far as describing my personality? I try to be selfless and take other people's interests in to account. I have a strong sense of justice and have risked my own safety and well being to protect those that I felt needed protecting. I do not take praise very well and I try to stay out of the spotlight.
I tend to over analyze things and take to much time preparing when I should be acting. However because of this I am very seldom caught off guard. I do in fact like to manipulate people. Not for my own reward, but just to see what happens. Or to teach them a lesson I believe they need to learn. Also I give advice to freely and it leads people to think that I think I know everything. Or to challenge me and try and prove me wrong. Basically I just like to have fun and will avoid a situation that I find unpleasant if possible.

Jul 2009
i am optimistic man and i am very active i study a lot of book about history psychology and so i like sport and i am a athletic man i want to reach my goal

Aug 2009
Modesto, CA
I'm very introverted, I've never been good in social situations. I'm dress very conservatively, partially because I am uncomfortable with my body and partially because I feel it is the proper thing to do. I'm very sensitive to other people's emotions and find that when I am in a relationship I cannot be happy unless the other person is happy.

I'm very quiet in person but very outspoken online, I communicate better when writing. I observe and I think. I can be overly negative at times but I feel I make up for it by my buoyant personality when around close friends.

SWM

May 2008
i find that description really interesting. when thinking about your description i began to think about the factors that are underlying your personality. i wonder what patterns of belief, cognitions and emotions are producing your way of being.

i think the reason i become aware of this with your descritpion is perhaps because you are aware of the fundamentals elements of why your personality is how it is, would i be right?

Aug 2009
Modesto, CA
[quote author=SWM link=topic=351.msg4930#msg4930 date=1249494871]
i find that description really interesting. when thinking about your description i began to think about the factors that are underlying your personality. i wonder what patterns of belief, cognitions and emotions are producing your way of being.

i think the reason i become aware of this with your descritpion is perhaps because you are aware of the fundamentals elements of why your personality is how it is, would i be right?

[/quote]
As far as my patterns of belief, I am agnostic, I do not know either way, nor do I care. I believe firmly that whatever happens will happen and I am alright with this. I'm aware of why I am the way that I am.

M

meinIgel

I'm pretty self-centered unless it suits me not to be.
I try to help or answer questions whenever I can, but only because I enjoy being able to do so. If I'm not feeling sociable for some reason, I do not hesitate to ignore people. I'm helpful with strangers, and teasing (often to the point of being annoying) with friends - strangers think I'm very nice and kind, and people who know me accuse me of being either unemotional or too emotional, and of answering their questions with "riddles."

I analyze things to death, but will often stop abruptly mid-analysis if something fails to hold my interest.
I like to watch people more than I like to talk to them, unless I'm just talking to hear myself think (I may be doing that now).
I like kids, but I don't like it when kids act like they're superior in knowledge, even though someone is trying to help them. I also don't like it when people are rude, mean, or condescending to kids. Probably because mentally (well, socially), I pretty much still am a kid. Though oddly, I am the kind of kid I would not normally like.

I will take any opportunity to talk about myself, even though I often pretend to be reluctant to share information. I like an audience, but it has to be a willing one. If no one pays attention to me, I get moody, until I find a different way to get attention.
I usually dress to stand out just enough - not like a sore thumb, but not to blend in entirely.
I don't mind just sitting quietly in a room with someone and not interacting with them or anyone else.
For someone who dislikes writing, I always end up writing a lot.
I'm not very consistent as a rule.
All-around, if you don't know me quite well enough to just ignore me, I'm a fairly irritating person unless I make a strong, conscious effort not to be. I'm pretty good at that, though, if I'm motivated enough.

Oct 2009
I think your behavior and attitude towards society and people's reflects your personality. I don't think one can make a perfect picture of his personality as it's the society which act as a deciding factor to reflect our personality as a mirror.