How to stop thinking too much? Am I crazy?

Sep 2021
Russian Federation
Hello everyone, the problem I am talking about is becoming so tremendous that it became reasonable to post something here.
I've been searching it online on some websites, however, the information is only about "how to stop thinking about your problems too much". I think not only about my problems, I think about everything around me. I put a glass on my table, I think about it, e.g. "I am putting a glass on a table, interesting, that was probably a cool movement".. Just a silly example, but I hope you know what i am talking about. This also greatly collides with the issue of me considering how my particular action will be looking in front of some people, e.g. I look out my window very dramatically, as if I was in a film, and I, of course, am doing it on purpose. I do it usually when I am alone with my thoughts, not around people. I think about everything that I am doing so much, that it feels like my brain is melting. The topics that my head is cycling round and around are very different, I can go from thinking about the keycaps on my keyboard to thinking about a life of a man passing by my window on a street.
How to stop? Please, help :(

Reactions: Usedandabused
Aug 2021
California
Oh god it's the splunge.
It's a thought feedback loop. I know all about them. My brain was on fire.
Watching things as if you are in a film, or through a window is classic derealization, and I know it well too. You aren't crazy!
Can you still feel emotions? Physical pain?

I can help with the experiences of this, but the core issue will be circumstantial and personal. I am not a psychologist. I am just a dissociative system, and this is my life.

First, stop worrying about worrying. That is a feedback loop. Stop trying so hard to fix your brain. It will do what it needs to do.

That doesn't answer your question. Feedback loop leads to PTSD. Let it go.

Sep 2021
Russian Federation
Oh god it's the splunge.
It's a thought feedback loop. I know all about them. My brain was on fire.
Watching things as if you are in a film, or through a window is classic derealization, and I know it well too. You aren't crazy!
Can you still feel emotions? Physical pain?

I can help with the experiences of this, but the core issue will be circumstantial and personal. I am not a psychologist. I am just a dissociative system, and this is my life.

First, stop worrying about worrying. That is a feedback loop. Stop trying so hard to fix your brain. It will do what it needs to do.

That doesn't answer your question. Feedback loop leads to PTSD. Let it go.
Sorry, I'm not a native speaker of english, therefore I don't fully understand what is a thought feedback loop...
Yes, I do feel emotions, but less than before, and my physical pain stays the same as it was.

Aug 2021
California
Sorry, I'm not a native speaker of english, therefore I don't fully understand what is a thought feedback loop...
Yes, I do feel emotions, but less than before, and my physical pain stays the same as it was.
You said that your thoughts loop. Each time they do, they get worse. A thought feedback loop is a cycle of thoughts that repeat and get worse.
You begin breaking things down... it's all so familiar to me.

It caused alternate personalities for me. Are you a teenager?

How much of your past do you remember? Anything traumatic at an early age?

Aug 2021
Austin, TX
Splunge has it correct, your thoughts are going in circles! Anything you can do to break the cycle will be beneficial, get up and take a walk, read a book, listen to music, get your mind out of the loop. This may not be something you can control on your own, and if you find you cant, counseling may be required to help you get beyond this.
Mostly, do your best to not let your mind loop...
Best of luck to you,
Ivery

Sep 2021
Russian Federation
You said that your thoughts loop. Each time they do, they get worse. A thought feedback loop is a cycle of thoughts that repeat and get worse.
You begin breaking things down... it's all so familiar to me.

It caused alternate personalities for me. Are you a teenager?

How much of your past do you remember? Anything traumatic at an early age?
[/QUOTE
I am 18 y.o.. and I don't think I had some traumatic things at my early age... But I couldn't agree more about the alternate personalities

Sep 2021
Russian Federation
Splunge has it correct, your thoughts are going in circles! Anything you can do to break the cycle will be beneficial, get up and take a walk, read a book, listen to music, get your mind out of the loop. This may not be something you can control on your own, and if you find you cant, counseling may be required to help you get beyond this.
Mostly, do your best to not let your mind loop...
Best of luck to you,
Ivery
It's not like I am living as a worm in a dark room, I see my friends really often, I read a lotta stuff, go for an alone stroll, et cetera, et cetera. And during all these actions I still think too much

Aug 2021
California
These thoughts about your movement, and how you look to others... it's exactly what my hosts would all do. They also would think constantly, to distract themselves from the trauma.
You sound like an alter to me.
In fact, you sound like you are in the "what am I trying to figure out" stage of the process. I remember going through this.
You are okay.

These things don't happen to people unless there is trauma. ...and you sound just like two of my alternate personalities.

You aren't crazy.
It's some of the first symptoms I had while splitting.
It takes a long time, so you have time to stop it.
Break the cycle.
You are okay.

Is anything stressing you out at the moment?

Last edited:
Aug 2021
California
Somatoform. Relax your muscles.
Watch your diet.
Are you able to get things done?
Do you complete tasks on time?
Or do you procrastinate?
Are you taking any medication for ADHD?
Coffee?