Hello, and why I'm here.

Apr 2015
Boston
I've been having issues with difficult people in my life, and I'm looking for advice. One of them I know is on medication for an anxiety disorder, and I think they're both abnormal. I could blow them off for my own sanity, but I'm not heartless enough to do that without first trying this. I'll post later when I have a block of free time. Bye for now.

Feb 2011
USA
I've been having issues with difficult people in my life, and I'm looking for advice. One of them I know is on medication for an anxiety disorder, and I think they're both abnormal. I could blow them off for my own sanity, but I'm not heartless enough to do that without first trying this.
An analogy: You "used to" have issues with the 'bogyman'; but no longer, even though that thought/image is still in your mind. You want the same 'relief' from difficult people, without 'blowing them off".
What changed with the 'bogyman'? How can you get 'relief' from those 'difficult people?
Can you replicate what you did with the earlier stimulus? It's your reactions that changed, not the stimulus.