Having a difficult time right now...

Oct 2021
US
Thinking about giving up...

My child is going through this time right now, which I helped to build. He has this trifecta of support, so no matter what he feels or thinks, he has someone to support him 24/7. I did this...I made this happen...

I am now the consequence of it...

Any time I discipline my son now, he has 2/3rd of people in his social circle coming at me. I'm literally unable to discipline now, because I will have 2/3 coming at me for making him unhappy. As a parent, I'm not allowed to make my kid unhappy anymore. Which means I can't discipline. Since discipline makes him unhappy.

I'm concerned as fuck.

Last night I was at a "point". That point was, I cannot be attacked or a stepping stool for people to launch from any more. They need to build their own shit or 1) stop criticising mine, 2) do something better! I'm NOT against it!) 3)

Reactions: Usedandabused
Aug 2021
Austin, TX
How old is your child? You can always disconnect from social media to get a grip on things. Let us know what else is going on, you may need to enlist help from your friends and family...
Good luck,
Ivery

Reactions: Usedandabused
Jul 2021
London
Thinking about giving up...

My child is going through this time right now, which I helped to build. He has this trifecta of support, so no matter what he feels or thinks, he has someone to support him 24/7. I did this...I made this happen...

I am now the consequence of it...

Any time I discipline my son now, he has 2/3rd of people in his social circle coming at me. I'm literally unable to discipline now, because I will have 2/3 coming at me for making him unhappy. As a parent, I'm not allowed to make my kid unhappy anymore. Which means I can't discipline. Since discipline makes him unhappy.

I'm concerned as fuck.

Last night I was at a "point". That point was, I cannot be attacked or a stepping stool for people to launch from any more. They need to build their own shit or 1) stop criticising mine, 2) do something better! I'm NOT against it!) 3)
Well, it all depends on how you discipline your child and on whether he deserves the discipline. I wouldn't avoid disciplining when he needs it, at all, and so I support you in that, but I wouldn't abuse a child either, however, the child is your responsibility, and children are not allowed on social media until age 18, I didn't have a mobile until age 22, and that I bought myself with my own money, as my parents never had any as they were foreigners and you know how former foreigners are treated in Europe. Just look at the second generation Europeans and how they are treated. Parents are raising psychopaths nowadays, and those TV series are raising psychopaths too. I mean, cinderella was the worst book ever written, that was the beginning of the psychopathic generation. Psychopaths always blame everything on your race, status, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation and other stupid reasons to justify their abuse, and we are tired of them, now some countries are finally taking steps against them, i.e. the Sarah Everard accident changed the approach towards organised crime.

I don't agree with treating your child in this harsh manner, as then you are not building their self-esteem in society, but I do think you need to provide a good example of moral behaviour, not excessive-exaggerated, but question them about certain values, especially at school, when he is reading something about some political issue, then you can ask for their opinion etc., that way it helps. But yes, not even imposing your opinion in a dismissive way as that just produces rebellious instincts, anyway, it's ok to misbehave from time to time, but not all the time and so discipline is necessary every now and then, but not all the time either, that is not right.

Last edited: