Have I come into contact with a "twin flame" and what do you think I should do about it?

May 2021
Sweden
I have come into contact with a female who expresses herself like me, has many overlapping historical anecdotes, very similar sensibility, and is actively engaging in trying to impress me...

We are not flirting at all but it's like writing to someone with my own demeanor and it's really odd...

What is the most likely outcome of this? Does it mean anything? I can't imagine that she is "the one", but the signs right now are: if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck,and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck......

I have thought this many times before, but this time I'm not filling in any blanks... There is however an age gap of 9 years+ on her side, which makes me really doubt this. Yet twin flames tend to have age gaps.

Anybody recognize themselves in this? Let me know what happened. I will probably be wrong again but I'm curious what you guys think instinctively. Am I on to something here?

Thanks

Jul 2021
London
I don't think there's such a thing as a twin flame. I think some people love us back and that is what leads to commitment and a life together, and some people don't. I miss my last crush all the time, but I wouldn't have called it a twin flame as we weren't that similar aside of a few things. We actually had very different values, that doesn't mean you can't love people with a few differences. We were from different countries too. Imagine dating someone of your own country that would make it a twin flame, I don't believe that makes sense to be honest. :) For the record, we never got committed, but I just thought it was an example as I really liked him.

Obviously it's good you get along, and obviously never getting along means abuse, I know that for experience, no names, but I know for example that child to parent love is unconditional as we take everything flaws included from people we love as a child you love everybody, and then you realise not everyone is on the same page, and some people are excessively critical all the time, because for example they feel like they are way better than you, which is not very kind to think. I personally am not like that and I wouldn't get along with someone like that, even if these are differences, they are not "attractive differences", but you can have people who are different by you who are attractive because Idk their personality is very different and unique for example, or it just happens that you might like.

People who get along with me 100% I'd feel a bit like they weren't genuine or don't love me, only your siblings and godsiblings are allowed to get along with you 100%, it's unlikely that people you have just met will get along with you on everything as you will have had very different experiences, so I am sure you have not yet come across those experiences, if you think she is the one.

The only red flag I can think of is that if this person was charming, then initially they will pretend to get along with you and later will just criticise you non-stop, I have experienced people like that in the past, once and the friendship didn't last for long either, as truly some people wear masks and are not great people.

I could never think I am better than someone, even if I were better, well, of course I am better than psychopaths, but who isn't, and I don't want to digress, but to think you are better than everyone else, is a bit silly to be honest. Obviously don't date a psychopath as they are serial killers and they are not attractive even if they are different by you.

Last edited:
Jul 2021
Snellville, GA
I have come into contact with a female who expresses herself like me, has many overlapping historical anecdotes, very similar sensibility, and is actively engaging in trying to impress me...

We are not flirting at all but it's like writing to someone with my own demeanor and it's really odd...

What is the most likely outcome of this? Does it mean anything? I can't imagine that she is "the one", but the signs right now are: if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck,and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck......

I have thought this many times before, but this time I'm not filling in any blanks... There is however an age gap of 9 years+ on her side, which makes me really doubt this. Yet twin flames tend to have age gaps.

Anybody recognize themselves in this? Let me know what happened. I will probably be wrong again but I'm curious what you guys think instinctively. Am I on to something here?

Thanks
I believed in twin flames when I was in college; dating a beautiful exotic dancer whom I met in my English 1102 class. She introduced me to the concept. We dated for a few months but nothing came of it. The old saying goes: "There are plenty of fish in the sea."

"Twin flame," is a belief; an outlandish one at that. It's not like science that can be proven. Really think about what you're saying and how you know it to be true.

Ultimately, if you like her, be with her. Don't waste your time with fortune-telling and predictions you'll lose faith in humanity and it could ruin your relationship.