'Fast Feeling'/Tachysensia, a change in one's time perception and more

Sep 2020
Denmark
(I'm completely new here)
Firstly, I want to say I'm not the only one experiencing this. I have found a community on Reddit (r/fastfeeling) who have the same thing happening to them, in other variations too. They also describe this feeling better than me.

I've had this for quite some time, and it has gotten more intense and a bit more frequent over time.
Sometimes I can feel it beginning, it will start in my stomach or legs, it feels like a 'rush', almost as if all my blood was moving intensely fast in my body, but not moving. It will then suddenly fade away and/or spread to the rest of my body and head.
It started out with a nice combo of the various types of this feeling; fx. hearing, weight, floating and size abnormalities/distortions.
My most recent experience with it had a record-breaking intensity and an almost instant 'recovery', lasting 15 minutes.

[For me] 90+% of the time it happens around nighttime, when I'm trying to fall asleep, other times include being extremely focused or very tired. Another thing, it has only happened to me when not moving. Moving when it's going on causes it to go away, gradually or fast.
The symptoms of it include many, but I've mainly been experiencing the body movement- and time 'distortions'.
I'll try to explain my most recent experience: I was sitting at my computer around night time, being a bit tired, but focused and excited, suddenly I feel odd. My stomach begins this 'rush' feeling, like described earlier, I almost immediately recognize this and think that I'm gonna have yet another one. Some time passes where I sit, idling and not moving. (I like to experience these, because it's fascinating and fun, yet still a bit scary) And then it slowly kicks in, concurrently with the 'rush' feeling fades away, movement and time perception speeds up (not psychically, but psychologically). My body movements feel lightning fast, and my time perception becomes both 'non-existent' and utterly fast. At a certain point I wanted tograb my phone, but as I moved my arm, I halted immediately as I got shocked by how fast it felt I moved my arm, staring at it for a short while, and then slowly proceeding to grab my phone. Later, I was having fun woth the body movements (rotating my hand) and then the feeling immediately stopped, and I was back to normal.

I'm super curious as to figuring out the reasons behind this phenomenon and also the mechanics of it; "What happens in the brain and body while this happens?" and "Can it be artificially initiated?"

I hope to find out more about it on here. Have a wonderful day!

Sendt fra min LON-L29 med Tapatalk

Mar 2020
US
I've never experienced sudden instances of time perception distortion, but I used to have "ticks" and fast reflexes.

I likened them to martial arts, where the fighters appear to have such a fast perception and prediction that they fight faster than the eye. It looks psychic, but what it really is is a time perception slowing, which makes them capable of reading each other's initiatory muscle flexes, so fast that they know how to block it. They "feel" the fight and it's like a dance.

Another thing I could liken it to is a michael jackson type dance routine, where everyone is perfectly in sync. It looks psychic, but it's really just really fast prediction, perception, and visualization.

This would be the slowing of time perception rather than the speeding of it.

If you think about it, if things appear to be fast, it actually means that your moving slow. And if things appear slow, your actually moving fast.

I drive my car a lot as a way to gauge my time perception. Sometimes it feels like I'm going 20 when I'm really going 35. Sometimes it feels like I'm going 50 and I'm actually going 35.

My time perception fluctuates depending on my personality and attitude.

When I'm tight and easily disgusted, my perception is faster meaning I'm moving slower. When I'm lose and not easily disgusted things appear slower meaning I'm moving faster.

Boredom tolerance also has a role to play. If you add it all up, let's say I'm disgusted with my life and I get angry and want everything to just fast forward. Then things go fast and I'm actually moving slower than I seem to be. Viceversa.

I have a theory that time perception has something to do with the tightness of the inner cavity in the center of your brain.

According to my theory, when you are upset and tight, the center of your brain contracts, things appear to be faster. Viceversa.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Sep 2020
Denmark
I've never experienced sudden instances of time perception distortion, but I used to have "ticks" and fast reflexes.

I likened them to martial arts, where the fighters appear to have such a fast perception and prediction that they fight faster than the eye. It looks psychic, but what it really is is a time perception slowing, which makes them capable of reading each other's initiatory muscle flexes, so fast that they know how to block it. They "feel" the fight and it's like a dance.

Another thing I could liken it to is a michael jackson type dance routine, where everyone is perfectly in sync. It looks psychic, but it's really just really fast prediction, perception, and visualization.

This would be the slowing of time perception rather than the speeding of it.

If you think about it, if things appear to be fast, it actually means that your moving slow. And if things appear slow, your actually moving fast.

I drive my car a lot as a way to gauge my time perception. Sometimes it feels like I'm going 20 when I'm really going 35. Sometimes it feels like I'm going 50 and I'm actually going 35.

My time perception fluctuates depending on my personality and attitude.

When I'm tight and easily disgusted, my perception is faster meaning I'm moving slower. When I'm lose and not easily disgusted things appear slower meaning I'm moving faster.

Boredom tolerance also has a role to play. If you add it all up, let's say I'm disgusted with my life and I get angry and want everything to just fast forward. Then things go fast and I'm actually moving slower than I seem to be. Viceversa.

I have a theory that time perception has something to do with the tightness of the inner cavity in the center of your brain.

According to my theory, when you are upset and tight, the center of your brain contracts, things appear to be faster. Viceversa.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
It's not what you're experiencing, it's very different.
As I said, I'm not as good to explain it as the people over at r/fastfeeling on reddit.

Although what you're talking about sounds interesting too. There could be some similarities between the two, but the feeling of it is completely different.

Sendt fra min LON-L29 med Tapatalk