Evanescing attention when studying

Nov 2021
Brazil
Hi, i'm a 21 years old male, currently unemployed, with no friends around my habitation nor any activity that makes me feel "active". I was diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia by a psyquiatrist, and have been taking meds (risperidone 4mg, one pill at night) until recently, when i suddenly stopped the medicament, cause i concluded, just by myself, that i didn't needed them.
So a thing happened at the same time and that's the subject of the topic.
I've always been fond to study (mostly reading) from a variety of subjects, always independently. But from the past +- 4 months, my study habits have lost continuity: i am only reading small texts, skimming over a dozen, and having no progress.
The problem is, i just can't get nothing from my study materials. Nothing.
Does anyone have any suggestion of what to do to change that?

Reactions: Usedandabused
Aug 2021
Austin, TX
So you are reading words, but not comprehending the overall content? Why were you diagnosed as Paranoid Schizophrenia? Were tests performed in a controlled environment such as a mental health facility, or was it a diagnosis based on conversation? If your problems are based on physiological issues, you may need medications to allow you to concentrate and raise your cognitive skills. Why did you stop taking your meds? Was there a logical/ rational reason or were you just tired of the way they made you feel? You are probably going to require more help than we can provide you on this forum, but we will stand behind you and help you all we can...
Good luck,
Ivery

Jul 2021
London
Hi, i'm a 21 years old male, currently unemployed, with no friends around my habitation nor any activity that makes me feel "active". I was diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia by a psyquiatrist, and have been taking meds (risperidone 4mg, one pill at night) until recently, when i suddenly stopped the medicament, cause i concluded, just by myself, that i didn't needed them.
So a thing happened at the same time and that's the subject of the topic.
I've always been fond to study (mostly reading) from a variety of subjects, always independently. But from the past +- 4 months, my study habits have lost continuity: i am only reading small texts, skimming over a dozen, and having no progress.
The problem is, i just can't get nothing from my study materials. Nothing.
Does anyone have any suggestion of what to do to change that?
Idk but I think people with mental disability are generally normal, however some can be psychopaths too, and the psychopaths make everyone sick, which is why my only advice is to avoid anyone who makes you feel like you are going to have a breakdown or lose pleasure in activities, as psychopaths do have an impact on people's wellbeing. I really don't know why they are hired, but in Europe it is a novel thing due to legislation that changed and they said you are obliged as a firm to hire psychopaths, and psychopaths generally will write that they have a mental disability even if it's not a mental disability. If you have a disability you should have no problem finding employment, but don't worry it's normal to be depressed, just try CBT not to be, as otherwise you let opportunities slip... I on the contrary have had the opposite issue as I wouldn't get any opportunity until my sole interview, because I was being given an inaccurate reference behind my back, to this day I am still stalked by someone who caused me a lot of pain today, because she is continuing the harassment on behalf of this stalker supervisor I had abroad, but yes, I think with psychopaths it never stops. Unfortunately psychopaths don't even take a break from the harassment. I remember I was post-operative and the psychopath came and assaulted me so they lack empathy, and a couple of days ago I was bereaved again, and since yesterday the stalking has gotten worse, so they really lack the empathy and don't take a break, and on top of that being a former victim of organised I have people who are worried and tell me, just run away or something, which is difficult to do, as you know stalkers are very dangerous, especially those with mental disabilities, as they are intoxicated and don't think anything they are doing is wrong, being that they are psychopathic and unable to think on their own, otherwise they wouldn't be behaving that way to begin with, but yes, horrific.

Last edited: