Echo Chamber effect on social media

Oct 2021
Manchester
Group polarisation can explain the echo chamber effect on social media. However, many other things can such as algorithms and so on. I'm looking for more things that can explain these echo chamber effects and how. Could conformity maybe explain these echo chamber effects and group size? I've been reading into this a lot lately and can't quite wrap my head around this. Can anyone provide me with any ideas and explanations?

Reactions: Usedandabused
Jul 2021
London
Group polarisation can explain the echo chamber effect on social media. However, many other things can such as algorithms and so on. I'm looking for more things that can explain these echo chamber effects and how. Could conformity maybe explain these echo chamber effects and group size? I've been reading into this a lot lately and can't quite wrap my head around this. Can anyone provide me with any ideas and explanations?
Idk, I think it's in the personality again. But, I don't think everyone is looking for reinforcing their ideas and I am not sure I agree with this theory. I think that people who seek for reinforcement in general view others all like themselves, that yes. There's always the die-hard opposer and the die-hard supporter. This kind of research generally only helps politicians, because yes, you could potentially use this in autism or to change susceptibility in the autistic, but I don't know if it can work, because the asperger feels pain so how do you solve that? If you are bypassing pain, you can't really solve the problem, you may just treat it, but I don't want to hinder that vision either. Even if you look in the literature, the majority of suggestibility models are for influencing and refer to suggestibility as positive for change, but I view suggestibility as always negative, other than in situations where there's some form of warning :) Really far easier to learn the laws by memory and learn morals by memory then there's no need to even try to find suggestibility, and getting rid of the psychopaths, through serotonin depletion and by diagnosing them and making sure they cannot impact the environment in a way that it can harm others. Suggestibility models don't solve the problem, they just cause more dependency on another's suggestions, and the psychopath uses suggestions all the time. So you can't break it with that. Only the law can help so far but if you find something that's great and cool.

Last edited: