Does stalking and threats, and ultimately threat of false allegations of stalking after being stalked have an impact on mental health

Jul 2021
London
So I have been through this before by strangers, and my parents are a little bit retarded unfortunately so they are using this against me. What should I do? And I understand they are not parents, but everyone is in similar situations how would you respond to this kind of situation. I think my parents are the types that if someone told them "Kill your own children", they would. They just have that personality, and they never take responsibility for their actions, they are only afraid of "getting caught" and always listening to those conspiracy theories. It's really not helping me at all, and they are trying to isolate me from the rest of the world. They always threaten us, but what kind of parent does this? Their own parents were so much better, so what is these people's excuse? Yet they are so fake in public "Oh I care for my children", you don't even know whether they are dead or alive and get happy, I mean my dad sent me the text to incriminate when I nearly got raped by a police officer, simply because he had bruised me as a child and child protective services had been called as a teacher had noticed these bruises, even if I had lied to protect him. They never forget and he is unforgiving towards me, even if he was out of line for doing that. It's just a bit retarded that they still think it is right to treat people that way. And because I am a hsp and not mentally ill then it is because THEY are great parents, as everyone thinks so and keeps telling them how we are bad and they are good, because we are successful and they just can't stand it. So yes having a histrionic and a ppd parent with psychopathic features isn't the best as everyone will take advantage of you, so yes, nevertheless we must thrive on our own and that I know, and I am not scared of that, I just worry for my health sometimes, mental and physical as I don't think they understand the impact of their behaviours, or pretend they don't understand as they once more lack the empathy to understand it. Like, ok I didn't get mentally ill, but it did impact my life particularly my physical health, as it is wrong, and I was then stalked and harassed by other people while I was living at own. People who were psychopathic and who were chasing after me because I was not interested in them and didn't want to be subjected to their abuse instead for a change and because I couldn't build a support network, since my parents never allowed me to have a support network and isolated me all the time, to control me, and they still do this to this day.

Last edited:
Aug 2021
California
Of course this will have an impact on mental health. Usually CPTSD.
You are here telling us about this, and that is good. I think that is your first clue, though. This is .. on your mind, right?

Have you lived with your parents your whole life?

Reactions: Usedandabused
Jul 2021
London
Thanks, somehow I didn't have PTSD from this, as the psychologists didn't see that, they said somehow I had managed, but yes, lucky once, won't mean lucky twice. Why did you develop CPTSD were you internalising the abuse as if it was your fault? I do recognise it was not my fault, and maybe that's why I'd forget it too, as I'd erase it, and mostly I was alone on my childhood so that healed me a bit, that I'd avoid my parents, maybe, but yes, I could have just been lucky, so never say never. I am an adult now so Idk if I can get CPTSD now from it, but yes maybe a bit traumatising as it is a bit disappointing nevertheless. No, I have lived on my own for quite some time, I just visited them during the pandemic as I took a break from work as I was being stalked by a rapist abroad and they offered me "protection", yeah we saw about that, their protection lasted 3 days and they then began the abuse themselves, it didn't last long anyway haha! But yes, my mom always says how she is heroic when she can't even protect me from my own dad, because she gets switched on by him into doing wrong, and I must switch her off every time, but yes it is exhausting and I don't have the time to "fix" someone as I am not a codependent with nothing better to do, no offence to codependents, but really I advise something once, if someone doesn't listen I don't repeat it. I am noone's slave anymore. I think with codependency too there is something wrong as they are suggestible and they also lack self respect, so obviously they won't respect you and others. But it isn't I am against my parents, I just expect a different type of parenting behaviour, but he is now saying I am against him, so instead of saying sorry I shouldn't hurt you, he tries to manipulate me I don't have time for that, and he is envious of everybody, and it's embarrassing to me, I mean, he has paranoid schizophrenia then he must get treatment, it isn't my fault he has that.