Do you "get it" ?

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Excellent point pert-5,
I am one of those who allowed depression to rule over me. Again my low self esteem. Now I analyse each thought for it's true meaning. Once analysed it only takes a few seconds to change it. It takes longer to change subliminal which I equate to negative thoughts. Thoughts please. pljames

[quote author=pert -5 link=topic=2889.msg21030#msg21030 date=1343475880]
[quote author=sakoz link=topic=2889.msg21018#msg21018 date=1343429531]
Mental Well Being is so close, only a thought away. You don't get over low self esteem by surgery; you stop believing false thoughts. You can "change in a instant".[/quote]
This is the statement I quoted earlier; in part anyways. How many depressed people do you know that have tossed off their depression with but a single thought? How many people with avoidant personality disorder do you know that use a single thought to become comfortable around lots of people? I do understand where you are coming from sakoz, but you are talking about the 'ideal', while I am referring to the (seeming) 'actual'.
[/quote]

Feb 2011
USA
pljames: Your considering "hanging out your shingle"? What is the principle from which you will 'operate'? The cruz/cornerstone/ truism?
The 'common denominator' you will use with all clients? Don't write a thesis; I can say the 'therapeutic principle' in three words.
I invite readers to state the fundamental therapeutic principle as you understand it.

Did you read my #19 above? Saul changed, you say God changed him and I say a insight changed him; we are BOTH RIGHT.

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Sakov,
I thought Saul had a encounter with Jesus on the road to Damascus. he then became Paul. Jesus changed his thoughts therfore he was enlightened. pl

[quote author=sakoz link=topic=2889.msg21032#msg21032 date=1343481813]
pert-5: The "single thought" I refer to is not from 'learned/conditioned/memory'; but from Innate Wisdom. Such thoughts are called INSIGHT; EPIPHANY.
Was it Saul who persecuted christians and experienced a"insight" that changed him to the extent he became a christian himself?
[/quote]

Feb 2011
USA
From Saul to Paul happened so fast , he fell on his ass; or did he fall off his jack-ass?
My recollection is that Jesus was not present; who reading here can verify for us?
Saul was 'hunting' christians, as I remember. Check it out.
(Yes, Saul was on his way to Damascus because he heard there were many christians there {good hunting there}-)

Feb 2011
USA
Syllogism for everyone

Perceptions cause experience.
Believing causes experience.
Ergo, Believing 'makes' perceptions.

Nov 2008
U.S.A.
Acts chapter 9: Jesus appeared to Saul in a vision not in person. He was blinded for three days. After which he became Paul and was changed. This is one of the first examples of a Christian being reborn spiritually. Jesus said unless a man is born again he shall not see the kingdom of Heaven.

Feb 2011
USA
Does 'Consciousness' speak ?

Pause and find your answer first before reading further.
"Level of Magnification"
Suppose we had a Electron Microscope and examined a pebble. As we increase the level of magnification we would see molecules, atoms, electrons , quarks, etc. There is more 'space' than 'matter'. Does that apply to our bodies? What IF the 'space' in us is 'consciousness'?
Imagine 'you' are the consciousness in your body. When you say; "I AM angry" or "I AM sad". ARE you the emotions?
Or are you the consciousness that (impersonally) witnesses the emotions, etc.
Did you ever 'think' or 'say', "there's something in me that never changes"? If not, you may have heard others say it. If you think back, at least to age 6, you find "something" that does not change. Consciousness ???

(In the bible it's reported that "Consciousness" said; "I AM" or "I AM that I AM". you know the story.)

Feb 2011
USA
Our 'conditioning' is always ON. (while awake)

Our conditioning is compelled to react to believed thoughts. That's what our conditioning consists of. Our beliefs in lieu of Pavlov's Bell.
What are you compelled to do when you leave or arrive home? You open a door to get in or out, our conditioning is similar, if you have a alarm system, you arm or disarm it as needed. you know the code.

Nov 2008
U.S.A.
Our consciousness is composed and regulated by action/reaction and internal and external stimuli. We use like and dislike, pleasure and pain to guide our choices. Or our basic needs in life as well.