Do you "get it" ?

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
I do not remember the age which I got low self esteem. Teenage maybe. Ffity years ago. It's hard to change from negative to positive. pl

Feb 2011
USA
There you go again, you write you "GOT" low self esteem, did you "get it'' like the flu? You refer to it as a "thing'. You only "GOT" low self esteem because you BELIEVE you do. Mental Well Being is so close, only a thought away. You don't get over low self esteem by surgery; you stop believing false thoughts. You can "change in a instant".

Our thoughts come from two 'sources'; 1. learned/conditioned/memory. 2. From innate wisdom.
Number one is 'full of shit', it always feels and tastes like 'shit'. Please recognize that.

Mar 2010
PA, USA
Great post sakoz.

[quote author=sakoz link=topic=2889.msg21018#msg21018 date=1343429531]
Mental Well Being is so close, only a thought away.[/quote]
In theory, yes. But in practice such a difference might as well span the Hoover Dam. To enact the change that you describe one must exercise the utmost introspection and willpower. This is easy to say when suggesting it to someone else. However, being in the thralls of certain mindsets makes such "maladies" all the more difficult to overcome.

Feb 2011
USA
I'm not talking theory. We must be referring to different "aspects" (wrong word). Are you,referring to "being enlightened"? I'm referring to the 'transcendent state', not being IN it. This is slippery, not just inferring such state exists, but 'accessing' it to function in and through us. A lame example is a bulb powered by electricity, IF the bulb was conscious, it would experience;" The electricity is manifesting through me as light." Or evolution functioning through us, a form of "channeling'" to use,a hocus pocus terminology. I literally refer to "innate wisdom" via "life source", etc. The next best thing to BEING it, or recognizing we ARE it. one step removed.

Mar 2010
PA, USA
[quote author=sakoz link=topic=2889.msg21027#msg21027 date=1343433769]
We must be referring to different "aspects" (wrong word). Are you,referring to "being enlightened"? I'm referring to the 'transcendent state', not being IN it. This is slippery, not just inferring such state exists, but 'accessing' it to function in and through us. A lame example is a bulb powered by electricity, IF the bulb was conscious, it would experience;" The electricity is manifesting through me as light." Or evolution functioning through us, a form of "channeling'" to use,a hocus pocus terminology. I literally refer to "innate wisdom" via "life source", etc. The next best thing to BEING it, or recognizing we ARE it. one step removed.[/quote]
sakoz, your post here is fine, perfect. You are forgetting the "bridge" aspect though. Read my last post with the "bridge" in mind.

Feb 2011
USA
pert-5: Your #14; "To enact the change you describe one must exercise the utmost introspection and will power." Not at all, it fact it's 'effortless'.
We must be talking about different 'things'. How much effort is required to 'receive' a insight? From whence they come is what I'm referring to.

Mar 2010
PA, USA
[quote author=sakoz link=topic=2889.msg21018#msg21018 date=1343429531]
Mental Well Being is so close, only a thought away. You don't get over low self esteem by surgery; you stop believing false thoughts. You can "change in a instant".[/quote]
This is the statement I quoted earlier; in part anyways. How many depressed people do you know that have tossed off their depression with but a single thought? How many people with avoidant personality disorder do you know that use a single thought to become comfortable around lots of people? I do understand where you are coming from sakoz, but you are talking about the 'ideal', while I am referring to the (seeming) 'actual'.

Feb 2011
USA
pert-5: The "single thought" I refer to is not from 'learned/conditioned/memory'; but from Innate Wisdom. Such thoughts are called INSIGHT; EPIPHANY.
Was it Saul who persecuted christians and experienced a"insight" that changed him to the extent he became a christian himself?
I too am referring to the (seeming) 'actual'; only the cases I refer to are more rare, but they occurred even way back to Sauls time, and potential for all of us.