Day Dreaming

Aug 2021
Texas, USA
Sometimes your brain needs a break from thinking all the time. That is when your mind wanders off course and takes a little break. Day dreaming can be beneficial in giving your brain a reset and allowing it to stay focused when you are working, but it can also become obsessive, causing you to not be able to concentrate on the business at hand...
Best to you,
Ivery

Reactions: Theseeker363
Apr 2022
Indore
Sometimes your brain needs a break from thinking all the time. That is when your mind wanders off course and takes a little break. Day dreaming can be beneficial in giving your brain a reset and allowing it to stay focused when you are working, but it can also become obsessive, causing you to not be able to concentrate on the business at hand...
Best to you,
Ivery
Thanks buddy but it getting problematic for me i can't focousing on study or day to day life task . My repetitive thought about a girl i met some month before and annyoing thing is whenever i see her didn't feel anything . Is that all chaos in my mind?

Jul 2021
London
I think you are just in love with this girl, that happens when you love someone... I don't really like the idea of love anymore tbh. :) Hope this helps! I think once you find that it is reciprocated it is going to get better, but until you find out, it's gonna be like that. I think what you mean is fantasizing about this person you care about, when you said day-dreaming, I was thinking of "hypersomnia" and thought, that's not good and was gonna suggest you visit a doctor.

Aug 2021
Texas, USA
So, it sounds like what you are describing may be like the broken record syndrome where the same thoughts keep popping into you head and get into a cycle that you can't seem to break. If that is true, it borders on obsession, which is like a habit or addiction. If you want to help yourself, you can look into something like Cognitive Behavior Therapy, I like to start people with Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Dummies, which you can find at your local library or used. If this does not sound like what your are experiencing, keep trying to describe it, and we will keep trying to figure out what is going on...
Best of luck,
Ivery

Jul 2021
London
So, it sounds like what you are describing may be like the broken record syndrome where the same thoughts keep popping into you head and get into a cycle that you can't seem to break. If that is true, it borders on obsession, which is like a habit or addiction. If you want to help yourself, you can look into something like Cognitive Behavior Therapy, I like to start people with Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Dummies, which you can find at your local library or used. If this does not sound like what your are experiencing, keep trying to describe it, and we will keep trying to figure out what is going on...
Best of luck,
Ivery
It's just love. Love makes you obsessed at times and that's normal. It's not unusual haha, why you've never been in love. I thought you were married. Best wishes.

Aug 2021
Texas, USA
Disagree, if it gets in the way of everyday life, working, school, and so forth it is an obsession, not love. I have been married 45 years, have two children and four grandchildren. I have a social network of over twenty friends whom I try to see at least once a month. I am pretty sure I know what love is. Love is giving unconditionally of oneself for the betterment of another. Obsession is "I just can' seem to get her out of my mind". To love her is to let her go. To obsess over her is to not be able to conduct normal activities because all I can do is think of her...
Best wishes back,
Ivery

Apr 2022
Indore
Disagree, if it gets in the way of everyday life, working, school, and so forth it is an obsession, not love. I have been married 45 years, have two children and four grandchildren. I have a social network of over twenty friends whom I try to see at least once a month. I am pretty sure I know what love is. Love is giving unconditionally of oneself for the betterment of another. Obsession is "I just can' seem to get her out of my mind". To love her is to let her go. To obsess over her is to not be able to conduct normal activities because all I can do is think of her...
Best wishes back,
Ivery
Yup i am agree with you it's not love but here question is it is obession or way of esacpism of my mind becoz i have to study all day and no social interaction i'm barely talk with people. Wait a minute first of all i have to describe my self so that things are get more clear
I am 25 yr male away from home to prepare for pre medical entrance exam and currently i'm live in hostel where i met her. I'm ambivert and little reserved in nature. Intially her behaviour toward me friendly but suddenly she ignoring me.i dont know what i did wrong with her so that i confront her to clear any misunderstanding but she refuse to talk then one voice came inside of me just go to hell( ya u can say that my male ego hurted) anyway i started to ignore her too. so it's all about whole scenario untill now. Yesterday on dinner i felt weird i saw her with one of her hostel friend who came back hostel after a month and felt jealous for them but later i laughed on me wtf going on my mind (sorry for cuss word it's all happening at that time in my mind) .
Thats all about me. Now currently i am confused/meesed about all things and totally frustrated . I dont know what is wrong with me.
At the end
i request you if u wish please help me out to get up from this whole mess it' ur grace to me.

Thanks for hearing me,

Reactions: Usedandabused
Apr 2022
Indore
I think you are just in love with this girl, that happens when you love someone... I don't really like the idea of love anymore tbh. :) Hope this helps! I think once you find that it is reciprocated it is going to get better, but until you find out, it's gonna be like that. I think what you mean is fantasizing about this person you care about, when you said day-dreaming, I was thinking of "hypersomnia" and thought, that's not good and was gonna suggest you visit a doctor.
Thanks for reply but i dont think it's love.

Aug 2021
Texas, USA
Ok, so you have created an obsessive habit, we can break you of that habit. You might talk to one of the counselors at your school or your primary care physician for help, or if you want to try and go it yourself look into something like retrain the brain or Cognitive Behavior Therapy, perhaps something like Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Dummies, which you should be able to find in your library or used. You can also begin to consciously change your thought patterns by making a decision to concentrate on something else beside this young lade. Meditation may also help you get focused...
you can do it, but it may take a while...after all it took you time to acquire this habit, now it will take time to break it...
Best of luck,
Ivery

Reactions: Theseeker363