" Conditioned To Believe !" ( A HELLUVA MISTAKE)

Feb 2011
USA
No wonder we believe BOTH true and false thoughts with equal facility; no discrimination used. So what can you expect? Emotional suffering, dysfunctional behavior, etc. How can "conditioned believing" be favorable?

When you react to your own 'believed thoughts'; what does that remind you of? Your thought comes from your brain, your brain reacts to your thought; output becomes input; like thermostat.
Cybernetic self-regulation. Is emotional suffering and dysfunctional behavior necessary with such a system? Where's the malfunction in the system when emotional suffering and dysfunctional behavior are experienced? NOT RECOGNIZING HOW YOUR SYSTEM 'WORKS'. When you "mistakenly believe" your system only reacts to external input; it's even then; reacting to what you believe.
GIGO; garabage in garbage out. Change what you believe (input) and emotions/behavior (output) change. Sounds too easy?
Keep in mind; Even when you mistakenly believe (placebo pill or WHATEVER) your 'really' reacting to your unrecognized belief.

Conditioned/Indoctrinated to BELIEVE . What are the ramifications of HABIT BELIEVING ?
" Give a man a fish and you feed him once; teach him how to fish and he feeds himself for life."
" Do the 'placebo pill deception ' on him and you fool him once; condition/indoctrinate him to believe and he fools himself for life."

( Habit Believing is like having cataracts or scotoma, myopia, "selective amnesia", etc.)

Feb 2011
USA
"Think of a image that disturbs you." How many such images do you 'have'? One is too many if it causes emotional misery.
How does a image become a "cue/trigger" for involuntary reaction? It's based on Pavlovian Conditioning. We humans learn to do it to ourselves, (the dogs can't).
Simply BELIEVING a image is real, and we're as involuntarily compliant as Pavlovs dogs were.

For months I've been 'touting' a very simple concept. How simple? A child can understand it. If you ever believed the boogyman and Santa Clause were real, you intellectually understand.
So why do I repeat? Did you ever hear a joke and not laugh? You clearly understood the words but the INVOLUNTARY/VISCERAL REACTION was missing, without VISCERAL REACTION you
"don't get it". I'm waiting for one person to say; "I got it at the same level at which I been mistakenly believing some of my images were real. This recognition changed my life."