Co-addiction and Stockholm's syndrome

Jul 2021
London
did you ever hear of trauma bonding?

i remember when i first heard about it i was fascinated by the pyshcology that is involved in the process of bonding through abuse.

it was quite amazing and disturbing.
well it doesn't always happen, some people do recognise someone is a nut or not, and avoid them. Maybe in the youth it is harder.

Jul 2021
London
[quote author=stan link=topic=452.msg1419#msg1419 date=1221513817]

it was quite amazing and disturbing.
Disturbing is right on.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, I feel the disturbing behaviour too, even if others don't feel it, and then get surprised when bad things happen, but I don't want to be surprised, so if someone tells me something strange, I keep away. It is disturbing because it's not like they had a really bad childhood, it was better than the average person's childhood, yet they are so envious and greedy, but they do nothing to change that greed and envy they just intoxicate themselves and harm others, they are too spoiled, less than the psychopath but still spoiled, and yes I think it is disturbing that someone would bully, I don't think bullying is a non-pathological phenomenon, the bully is the wannabe psychopath so is on his-her way to offending at some stage, and ignoring that makes no sense, I just think it's stupid to think like that "I hate on people" and that kind of thinking process does creep me out a bit, because it's distorted in a way, not like the depressed patient, and I think they enjoy and are sadistic, it is not true that they don't know their actions have a negative impact on others. But I guess it makes sense that by avoiding people you become less empathetic. I mean, I keep hoping I am wrong, but never been so unfortunately I do have the beach detector radar on.