Career

Jul 2012
The Moon
I spend most of my life in music. Now I realized that I'm not satisfied with my musical career. I don't know how and what to change, and where to start...

Mar 2015
Lake Worth, FL
Tough Decision

We live in such a complex world. So many option, just thinking about the amount of careers is a mind numbing task. Needless to say it is not an easy thing to be able to choose a career that you will desire to be in the rest of your life.
I recommend reading Mr. Stephen Covey's 8th Habit to help with this intense soul searching journey. He breaks down even the most complicated of task into simple, fundamental steps. To him it starts with knowing a little bit about yourself. He believe your calling or even short term career should involve the intersection of 4 main factors. They are the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of life.

First and most obvious is what job or career will make you the money you feel you need to be comfortable. Next is what are you good at, what skills do you have to make a contribution. Third is what are you really passionate about, what really excites you when you think of future possibilities. And last what will make a positive difference in other people's life. To me you should ask yourself 3 simple but important questions.

What activities do you enjoy?
What are you good at?
What are you passionate about?
Answer these with deep reflection and honesty and you can start to see the possibilities of your future. I hope this helps you on your journey. Its definitely not easy to find a calling in life, the options are nearly endless. But dont make the process complicated especially at first, that is probably overwhelming. Just answer those 3 simple question and you are bound to find something to help you!