Can the conscious mind talk to the pre-subconscious mind?

SWM

May 2008
i wonder if you might understand it better if you were to disregard the notion of "mind" and replace the term mind with the term brain and think about conscious an unconscious as states of awareness within the brain. conscious brain and non-conscious brain, aware brain and non-aware brain.

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
SWM,
I could but being aware of something is one awareness or consciousness. Yet we have two awareness's. The brain and the mind within the brain. One entities or two entities? One material one invisible. You are suggesting the brain is the whole consciousness not multiple consciousnesses within multiple dimensions which work together? pljames

Feb 2011
USA
pljames: The iceburg analogy can be limiting if you think of unconscious as one 'entity', like a big ware house. No, it is more like a high rise of many floors (levels). Just recently I saw a guy in the artic drill a core sample of the ice, and the levels from many many eras, of what was in that atmosphere at different times.
Jesus said; "In my fathers house are many mansions", you probably know that quote better than me.
It's easy to use the word 'unconscious' as one catch all.

Feb 2011
USA
[quote author=SWM link=topic=2969.msg22459#msg22459 date=1353442270]
yes 1 entity. and i also agree with the iceberg analogy.
[/quote]
I gather you dispute my #12? if it's one 'entity', how can 'it' make mistakes and be so creative (smart) ? Not smart enough to see itself making mistake?