Can the conscious mind talk to the pre-subconscious mind?

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
It would seem to me the conscious mind could talk to the sub/preconscious mind and envoke stored thoughts and rethink them from negative to positive? How exactly would that work? I am aware of my consciousness but my mind is still a mystery to me. I think I can change my stored negative thoughts in my sub-preconsciousness to positive thoughts in my consciousness? Thoughts please. pljames

SWM

May 2008
i will simplfy this so it is a generalised explanation rather than an accurate explanation.

when the conscious mind is "talking" it is simply echoing consciously what is happening unconsciously. your mind is your brains functioning your conscious mind is your brains perception of itself, your unconscious mind is your brain that is not conscious of itself. i hope that makes sense.

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
"Your unconscious mind is your brain which is not conscious of itself"? Then can I say your mind is like a iceburg. The top of the ice burg is the conscious mind and the underwater part is the un/preconcious part. Is it possible to have one whole mind as concious (except when we are asleep). Can I subliminally talk/echo my conscious (when I am awake) to transfer the unpreconscious to my waking concious? pl

[quote author=SWM link=topic=2969.msg21353#msg21353 date=1345574041]
i will simplfy this so it is a generalised explanation rather than an accurate explanation.

when the conscious mind is "talking" it is simply echoing consciously what is happening unconsciously. your mind is your brains functioning your conscious mind is your brains perception of itself, your unconscious mind is your brain that is not conscious of itself. i hope that makes sense.
[/quote]

SWM

May 2008
[quote author=pljames link=topic=2969.msg21356#msg21356 date=1345596234]
"Your unconscious mind is your brain which is not conscious of itself"? Then can I say your mind is like a iceburg. The top of the ice burg is the conscious mind and the underwater part is the un/preconcious part. [/quote]
your brain is like an iceburg the point tip that you can see is what you call your mind, but it is your brain being conscious of itself. the iceburg that is below the water is your brain that you are not conscious of.

Is it possible to have one whole mind as concious (except when we are asleep). Can I subliminally talk/echo my conscious (when I am awake) to transfer the unpreconscious to my waking concious? pl
as you become conscious of other things that your brain is doing it is similar to turning the ice burg. only a small ammount of the iceburg can sit above the water line. meaning your brain only has a certain ammount of capacity for conscious awareness and when awarenss is focused on one function then other functions slip out of awareness.

you an make your unconcious conscious but as you do something that was conscious becomes unconscious. the ice burg turns.

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
SWM,
What for I have been reading it tells me just in your mind just speak (with authority) and tell your mind what you want! Can this work? What do you think about the Silva Method? pl

"Your unconscious mind is your brain which is not conscious of itself"? Then can I say your mind is like a iceburg. The top of the ice burg is the conscious mind and the underwater part is the un/preconcious part. Is it possible to have one whole mind as concious (except when we are asleep). Can I subliminally talk/echo my conscious (when I am awake) to transfer the unpreconscious to my waking concious? pl

[/quote]
[/quote]

SWM

May 2008
[quote author=pljames link=topic=2969.msg21371#msg21371 date=1345756838]
SWM,
What for I have been reading it tells me just in your mind just speak (with authority) and tell your mind what you want! Can this work? What do you think about the Silva Method? pl

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

i dont know if the silva method works. i know that what is important over all is that you believe in your own power.

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
SWM,
"you can make your unconscious conscious but as you do something that was conscious becomes unconscious. the ice burg turns"

So what conscious went unconscious? I created my denial and created my illusion of not having low self esteem? So my low self esteem is now unconscious because I brought to consciousness my denial of my low self esteem? Am I in the ball park? pljames

[quote author=SWM link=topic=2969.msg21362#msg21362 date=1345672612]
"Your unconscious mind is your brain which is not conscious of itself"? Then can I say your mind is like a iceburg. The top of the ice burg is the conscious mind and the underwater part is the un/preconcious part. [/quote]
your brain is like an iceburg the point tip that you can see is what you call your mind, but it is your brain being conscious of itself. the iceburg that is below the water is your brain that you are not conscious of.

Is it possible to have one whole mind as concious (except when we are asleep). Can I subliminally talk/echo my conscious (when I am awake) to transfer the unpreconscious to my waking concious? pl
as you become conscious of other things that your brain is doing it is similar to turning the ice burg. only a small ammount of the iceburg can sit above the water line. meaning your brain only has a certain ammount of capacity for conscious awareness and when awarenss is focused on one function then other functions slip out of awareness.

you an make your unconcious conscious but as you do something that was conscious becomes unconscious. the ice burg turns.

[/quote]

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
I am having my doubts about the unconscious mind. I prefer the subconscious over the unconscious. I would summize the brain can suppress certain thoughts and store them in the subconscious for later recall. I relate the unconscious mind to be dead. To me to be aware is conscious and too be subconscious is to be unaware yet then the thought or thoughts are still there.Thoughts please. pljames