Brain mind body.

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
;D
The brain is biological and has a input process and output .Then as well, so does the mind. The bain somehow controls all aspects of mind and body. I have concluded that the mind is a slate board of the brain. I am almost convinced that the soul is the visible part of the body and the spirit is the invisible part of the soul.

I haven't a clue why I hear words in my mind, but only see them written. To me "meditation is focusing on one thought or idea and bring it to enlightment". Thoughts can be created into pictures and vice versa. There are two web sites (Visual Thesurus and Visuwords). They to me take a core word and use synonyms and related words to create thoughts. This is how I believe we think, from one word to many words from a sentence too paragraphs from pictures to words.

Just a thought. Thoughts please. pl

Dec 2008
nil
The soul is the visible part of the body? What does this even mean? The body is the visible part of the body. Words like soul and spirit are objectively meaningless and have no empirical evidence to support their existence.

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
I've noticed biblical writers associate soul and spirit synonomously. To you they are meaningless, to me, they enlighten me to view them in a different way. They have meaning...to me. pl

[quote author=Enigma link=topic=2742.msg19894#msg19894 date=1335142260]
The soul is the visible part of the body? What does this even mean? The body is the visible part of the body. Words like soul and spirit are objectively meaningless and have no empirical evidence to support their existence.
[/quote]

Dec 2008
nil
Biblical writers aren't exactly paragons of empirical evidence now are they? The words can mean whatever they want to you subjectively, but use of your subjectively defined words without clarification is an intellectual faux pas. We're not mind readers; we don't know exactly what you're talking about. Also, your own personal views do not have any bearing on whether or not these entities actually exist in reality (which they do not).

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Enigma,
Oops! The soul (to me) is the visible part of the spirit, the spirit is the invisible part of the soul to me. I understand these two words by this interpretation. English is not the perfect language. An neither is man. I cannot see air yet I breath and see the trees move. I cannot see atoms are the backside of the sun. By the way, who is we? pl

[quote author=Enigma link=topic=2742.msg19894#msg19894 date=1335142260]
[/quote]

Dec 2008
nil
We as in other readers of this forum. You are correct, English is not a perfect language, but surely if you can articulate these concepts to yourself you can articulate them to me. I'm not suddenly going to understand your vague mystic language, so explain what these concepts are. What is a soul and the spirit? How are they visible or invisible? What evidence do you have of their existence and why should I take what you are telling me as fact? Air and atoms are not comparable to abstract concepts like souls. Air and atoms can be empirically demonstrated to exist. We can design experiments to test them.

Mar 2010
PA, USA
Did you ever hear the wind howling or moaning? Think what that would have meant to primitive man. He could reproduce the same sound, there was a connection, but when the wind did it it moved the very trees. And so the wind was greater than man. And he called it God.

Did you ever watch the sun set? "Primitive" minds must have been very enamored with the sun and the sunset.

Biological progression is not the only form of evolution going on. Consciousness rises too.

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
Enigma,
Excellent post. I misue the language because I have to understand the language my way. In which I apologize. I love words and do not understand them until I define them. Soul and spirit are interchangable and are metaphysical. I would say I want more than just the material way of life. I would like to continue after death.

These two words give me hope there's another life after death. Sorry to get on my high horse. To me there are things seen and unseen explained and unexplained visible and invisible. My challenge is to understand and bring some comfort to those like me who want more then just observation. I hope you understand.

I do sincerly apologize for my over reacting. I ask for your patience. pl

May 2011
Marble, N.C.
pert 5,
Concerning mind stream. For the moment I will put aside mind chatter. How does the brain find anything if there is a stream of thoughts? I understand mind mapping like Visual Thesurus and visuwords. Even synonyms and related words make sense to me when the brain/mind is analyzing questions to find a answer too the question. pl

Feb 2011
Don't brain damage patients show that the brain and mind are the same? Brain damage often causes memory loss and/or changes in personality. I think this is indicative of what happens when the brain dies.