Bipolar Disorder

hex

Aug 2020
Rhodes
Hello, I just entered this forum because I have some questions that've never been answered. I hope I'm posting this in the right place. (Excuse my english, I'm not a native speaker). So, I have borderline personality disorder and I have known this about 7 years. 3 years ago I experienced some traumatic events and as a result I went through a lot. I was hospitalised (because I wanted) for my mental state and I was then diagnosed with bipolar disorder type II. I was taking a lot of medication for a long time. But about a year ago I stopped all medication and now I am taking only a mild antidepressant. I have no syptoms and I am well. So, my question is: Is it possible for someone with bipolar disorder to be ok and without symptoms without taking any medication or the diagnosis was wrong?

Mar 2020
US
Either is possible. I have bipolar I. What I understand about bipolar is that I simply go through good and bad times in life. Sometimes I can't sleep sometimes I can't wake up. Still deciphering bipolar. I understand that certain neurochemicals alter your high and low feelings. Knowing about my chemicals helps me understand that my highs and lows are just chemicals. Knowing that it's just chemicals it's easier to ignore my feelings and make thoughtful decisions. Not seeking highs and being patient with lows.

Most of my problems not are rational problems: How do I get myself to do something? What do I do? Why do it? What risks do I take? Can I handle situations beyond my control? Will I be safe? Is a higher power really going to take care of me, punish me, test me, or try me? Is it better not to communicate? What can I make to get me high that's safe? Does safety depress me? At what degree should I risk death? Am I losing all my friends? Who do I negotiate with? What can I offer? Will anyone pay me money? How do I live on as little as possible?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk