Are parents who raise their hands on adult children psychopathic?

Jul 2021
London
Basically you are worse than an orphan as even the orphan may have experienced parental love before he-she became orphan. Psychopaths then, they are raised that way, retarded and toxic as can be. They should be slapped, but it's an upside down world, good kids are slapped by psychopaths who never were slapped and their idiot friends, etc.

Last edited:
Nov 2021
Location Land
Basically you are worse than an orphan as even the orphan may have experienced parental love before he-she became orphan. Psychopaths then, they are raised that way, retarded and toxic as can be. They should be slapped, but it's an upside down world, good kids are slapped by psychopaths who never were slapped and their idiot friends, etc.
Being slapped as a child won't cure psychopathy you retarded bitch. Your level of intellect is subhuman and your life has no value because you are so outraged by people who lack empathy that you willing conflate it with intelligence in general and call psychopathy inherently retarded. You are objectively the one who is retarded and needs to be thrown off a cliff.

Aug 2021
Austin, TX
Discipline and how we handle our anger are learned responses. Abused children tend to be abusers. (I wonder if children of internet trolls grow up to be trolls themselves)...Just because someone uses corporal punishment does not necessarily make them a psychopath. Corporal punishment is still accepted in many cultures today. This is an education process in which we teach people how to be better parents...

Reactions: Usedandabused
Jul 2021
London
Discipline and how we handle our anger are learned responses. Abused children tend to be abusers. (I wonder if children of internet trolls grow up to be trolls themselves)...Just because someone uses corporal punishment does not necessarily make them a psychopath. Corporal punishment is still accepted in many cultures today. This is an education process in which we teach people how to be better parents...
Children of psychopaths if they received the same upbringing as the psychopath, i.e. overly liked then yes, will end up being trolls, but I do think the average parent doesn't love the child, but children do love their parents unconditionally, it is a one-sided/unilateral business, unless of course your parent is a troll and teaches you to troll and you may enjoy it. It can get childish, nevertheless, have a good week. It's life after all :) and it moves forward regardless of that 4-5% of the population, who holds us back.

Reactions: IveryKeys
Aug 2021
Austin, TX
but I do think the average parent doesn't love the child, but children do love their parents unconditionally
I have to disagree with the above statement, I believe the average parent does love their child, many enough to sacrifice their life for their child. A society in which the average parent does not love their child is a society doomed, as the moral / ethical values of society will not be taught to children, nd once those values are eroded that society will fall. Check out the Greek and Roman civilizations, as well as many others who fell into a debauchery where neighbor could not trust neighbor. If promises and truth fail, society fails.
Regards to you,
Ivery

Jul 2021
London
I have to disagree with the above statement, I believe the average parent does love their child, many enough to sacrifice their life for their child. A society in which the average parent does not love their child is a society doomed, as the moral / ethical values of society will not be taught to children, nd once those values are eroded that society will fall. Check out the Greek and Roman civilizations, as well as many others who fell into a debauchery where neighbor could not trust neighbor. If promises and truth fail, society fails.
Regards to you,
Ivery
Well we are talking about psychology, not about ideal societies that don't exist. Society is respecting the rights of others and making sure ours are respected. That's what society is, it is a bit different by your definition which btw I didn't really understand. The moral-ethical values in society are pretty concrete, you can't wrong others without consequences, so I am not sure what you mean, perhaps you could elaborate more, thanks. :) Of course in some societies anything can happen, but then it's not really a society anymore, is it, and won't be recognised as such either.