Anger at losing

Jun 2020
denmark
What would it say about a person who is unable to lose gracefully at anything that can be measured into wins or losses?Since I was a young child I have gotten mad at video games, then sports, and even games where you lose more as you face better players (eg. chess). And more importantly, how do you change from someone who takes these things way too seriously so that I can actually enjoy the games as fun.

Mar 2020
US
My understanding about losing is that, when I am losing a strategy game that I have invested a lot of my time in, it reflects how I am making decisions in real life. It serves as sort of a fortune teller which makes me believe that if I ultimately lose the game, I might die in real life. That's if I'm spending a lot of my time trying to play it.

If you spend your whole life playing the game, essentially the game is your life. It is important to be good enough at what we do that we can pay for rent, food, and emergencies.

You need to play games that enhance your ability to make decisions in real life and that further the mental patterns and skills you use to make money.

We are all autistic and obsessive to some degree, the neuro patterns we practice is what we repeat.

Losing a game might be the failure to adapt winning patterns of thought. The game might or might not reflect patterns that help you in real life or economy. You might not want to focus on games that reflect useless patterns to your real life, just as you would not associate with people who were dangerous to your ability to succeed.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Jun 2020
Philippines
What would it say about a person who is unable to lose gracefully at anything that can be measured into wins or losses?Since I was a young child I have gotten mad at video games, then sports, and even games where you lose more as you face better players (eg. chess). And more importantly, how do you change from someone who takes these things way too seriously so that I can actually enjoy the games as fun.
Hello! Being hard on yourself is not healthy. My mentor once told me this, in any game our opponent is an opportunity to test our true self. In every game, your real opponent is how you handle yourself it will reveal your reaction. Never aim for perfection! Meditation is helpful.