Am I as a patient allowed to express gratitude & appreciation in therapy?

Jul 2021
Germany
My therapist is offering me much extra support at the moment ,due to a difficult situation . Usually she tells me I'm only allowed to text her when something very important happens where I'd rather drink or hurt myself. Since 6 days now, I've been texting with her almost every day because she offered this but I'm not too sure if I can send her a text saying that I'm grateful and appreciative of her extra support, the check in texts and that this really gives me the feeling to not be alone , that she really cares about me and that I seem to be really important to her. .

Does anyone know if that's appropriate or has anyone made positive experiences with being upfront like this?

Reactions: Usedandabused
Jul 2021
London
My therapist is offering me much extra support at the moment ,due to a difficult situation . Usually she tells me I'm only allowed to text her when something very important happens where I'd rather drink or hurt myself. Since 6 days now, I've been texting with her almost every day because she offered this but I'm not too sure if I can send her a text saying that I'm grateful and appreciative of her extra support, the check in texts and that this really gives me the feeling to not be alone , that she really cares about me and that I seem to be really important to her. .

Does anyone know if that's appropriate or has anyone made positive experiences with being upfront like this?
Yes, I loved my therapist too. :) She healed me from depression and anxiety from trauma. It was good :) I still have a feeling not sure whether true or not that the healing may be temporary and not permanent, like if something horrific happens again I may fall back into that, like abuse from someone close etc. may lead me to that. I feel sad about some terrible posts on here.