Adamantly avoiding TV shows/films recommended by friends.

May 2021
Pomona
I got into a strange discussion about how my friends have met people like me, who will simply refuse to watch shows that become highly recommended or popular. Is this a common thing for people to experience? what resources can I use to understand potential implications of such avoidance issues?

Reactions: Usedandabused
Jul 2021
London
I got into a strange discussion about how my friends have met people like me, who will simply refuse to watch shows that become highly recommended or popular. Is this a common thing for people to experience? what resources can I use to understand potential implications of such avoidance issues?
I have seen one psychopath who was that way, I don't like some shows, like reality shows, or dramatic stuff, that really bother me as bothered me reading Hans Christian Andersen's books, such as Cinderella, any movie based on fables, teaches bad behaviour. Psychopaths use Cinderella as their childhood story to make themselves loved, little do you know that the story was stolen from one of their many codependent victims, but some codependents unless they were minors display psychopathic traits themselves, or at least hybristophiliac, yes it is a fantasy thing, but it's not really real, and I just prefer movies I can learn something from, rather than based on stupid fantasies.